Posted on Aug 13, 2021 by ONYX InSight (The GreenJobs Network of Websites)
PLEASE MENTION THE GREENJOBS NETWORK OF WEBSITES WHEN APPLYING TO THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
ONYX InSight is a growing technology and engineering organisation in the renewable energy sector. Our Advanced Sensing/IoT, software and machine learning products are deployed on wind turbines around the world. Head-quartered in the UK, we have offices in the US, Australia, India, Korea, Spain & China.
We are now seeking a Business, Marketing, Economics or Finance graduate to support our Strategy development team. Working alongside our VP - Strategy & Operations, you will support our inorganic strategy development process and contribute to our growth acceleration process.
You will be motivated by the opportunity to play a role in society's renewable energy transition process, and have a good academic understanding of business strategy concepts. Some relevant post-graduate experience will be an advantage, and you must bring a versatile and flexible approach to your work.
This is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience with processes such as market & competitor profiling, scenario modelling, feasibility studies, and customer analysis, in a renewable energy environment where your work will have a direct impact on the direction and growth of our business and society.
• Support the VP - Operations & Strategy with a wide variety of strategy development and communication tasks
• Source and integrate multiple data sources and systems to produce relevant data driven insights.
• Work with colleagues across the organisation to collate and maintain market information/intelligence.
• Develop analytical models to create market forecasts and support strategy KPIs analysis.
• Develop and maintain relationships with potential partners and other industry players.
• Prepare and deliver presentations with findings and analysis results to internal and external stakeholders.
• Support the marketing team with networking events, thought leadership articles and other content.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex data in a clear manner at all levels within the organisation
• Strong analytical capabilities.
• Ability to use using both qualitative and quantitative methods to support market analysis and strategy planning.
• Some experience using an analytical tool (eg tableau/Power BI)
• An engaging nature, capable of connecting with co-workers, clients and industry stakeholders in a wide range of professional settings.
• Have client facing experience and the ability to work on your own initiative.
• Good first degree in strategy-related discipline (economics/finance/marketing/business/engineering)
• Excellent written skills.
• Some post-graduate professional experience (renewable energy sector ideal)
• Right to work in the UK
• Competitive basic salary
• Flexible working arrangements
• Annual bonus scheme
• Employer pension scheme
• Private medical insurance
• 25 days annual leave
• Life insurance
• Cycle to work scheme
We are currently transitioning from home-working to a hybrid home/office work pattern. Note this is not a remote-based position. You must be located or be able to relocate to within easy commuting distance of our head office on the University of Nottingham's Innovation Park. Visa sponsorship is not available for this role.
ONYX InSight is independently incorporated in 5 locations globally, and wholly owned by the BP organisation in the UK. Renewable energy and wind power are in our DNA. We are excited about being part of BP's low carbon and digital transformation, and the opportunities it presents for career development for our colleagues. We actively encourage applications from under-represented groups in the STEM Sector.
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON AND YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS