Posted on Aug 13, 2021 by Clore Equipment LLC
Pursuing a highly motivated, driven construction project manager to oversee construction projects from start to finish.
Candidate should have diverse heavy civil construction skills and a demonstrated track record both in the office and field. The ideal candidate will have experience with heavy civil construction that includes Total Site Preparation (Grading, Excavation, Paving, & Demolition), Underground Utilities (Sewer Lines, Pump Stations, Storm Drainage, Septic Systems), Bridges Construction, Subdivisions, Public Works.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation and execution of all subcontractor contracts using company software.
- Preparation, monitoring, maintaining, and distribution of the project schedule.
- Review of the project plans and specifications; be able to comment on the design, scheduling, possible cost savings measures, and potential construction problems.
- Have confidence in own ability to intelligently communicate with client and engineers, as well as effectively lead the trades.
- Expedite all submittals, shop drawings, and approvals. Maintain submittal log for each project.
- Work well with Superintendents and foremen to get the job done.
- Expedite all change order costs. Maintain current change order logs.
- Monitor site safety and ensure that the requirements of OSHA are enforced.
- Ensure completion of and track all independent testing and inspections as required.
- Work with accounting department to issue monthly pay applications and invoicing to client. Provide monthly cost forecasting summaries.
- Maintain and enforce good construction standards and quality control.
- Maintain control and responsibility for the security and operations of Clore's directly owned equipment on the job site in conjunction with site staff.
- Control and monitor labor, material, and equipment expenses.
- Prepare and expedite project deficiency lists.
- Gather, analyze, and interpret information on approval time, fabrication, and delivery of all items
- Responsible for all documentation on project
- Successful project closeout, including contract requirements and work scope items
- Assist, coordinate, and delegate timely completion of traffic control plans, equipment mobilization, safety plans, haul road plans, erosion control plans, purchase ordering, job costing, and other duties as required.
- Construction Management or Engineering degree from an accredited four-year university
- 2+ years of project experience in heavy civil construction
- Project experience is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Applicant must be a problem solver and self-starter who operates independently and thrives in a busy environment
- Experience with Vista Viewpoint, HCSS Heavy Job, HCSS Heavy Bid, Bluebeam, and Microsoft Project or any related software
- Sense of Urgency
- Personal Organization
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Decision Making/Judgment
- United States (Required)
This is an attractive opportunity to establish a defined career path with a progressive and growing heavy civil construction firm. Distinguished attitude and a passion for construction is of most importance as you will be interfacing with clients on a regular basis. If this position sounds like a good fit for you, please do not think twice in applying ASAP!
Qualified candidates will be contacted for further information.
Salary: Competitive Pay plus Benefits
Please contact us for more information on this Construction Project Manager position or any other positions you may be interested in.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.