Senior Analog IC Design Engineer
Posted on Aug 12, 2021 by IC Resources
A new opportunity has arisen for a Senior Analog/Mixed Signal IC Design Engineer to join a start up company working in the area of sensing technology development for autonomous vehicles for the changing automotive industry.
In this position you will play a critical role in building the next generation of systems for autonomous vehicles and other applications. This position is a research and development focused role for an innovative Analog IC Design engineer who is keen to contribute towards to the success of this exciting new start up.
Responsibilities will include:
- Part of an experienced team, developing next generation direct time of flight sensors 3D depth cameras
- Define and simulate key blocks, present and document results
- Define top level mixed level simulation of final system, present and document results
- Custom layout analog/mixed-signal blocks with input into detector arrays and top level ASIC layout planning and construction.
- Define digital control block requirements
- Verify internal/external IP blocks
- Evaluate and characterise large format image sensors
- Define production test plans for blocks
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years Analog/Mixed Signal IC design, simulation and layout of custom IC blocks and will have experience in High speed clock and control signal generation, PLL and DLL design in advanced CMOS technology nodes.
Experience in some or all of the following is desired:
- State of the art in imaging technologies including experience of pixel design concepts, power distribution and management, high speed clock and control distribution in huge format imager ASIC/package assemblies
- An interest in imaging technology and pixel design with the view to optimising image quality and minimising artifacts in huge format images introduced by practical limitation of parasites in huge format imaging arrays, would be advantageous
- Cadence custom analog and RF design tools for block-level and mixed signal simulation
- Experience in some of the following would be advantageous: FEA of power meshes and high-speed pulse distribution, MatLab and Python scripting
- Bench testing, characterisation, and debug of ToF image sensors
This role would suit an effective team player with excellent communication skills, who is eager to take ownership of design challenges and use their experience to contribute to the success of the new Research and Development (R&D) Centre.
Contact Leon at IC Resources today to apply.