BEMS Project Sales Engineer
Posted on Aug 12, 2021 by Igloo3
BEMS Project Sales Engineer - South Wales & Southwest England (covering Devon, Cornwall, Somerset and Dorset). Salary to 58,000 + company car/cash allowance + bonus and benefits
This is an exciting opportunity with a leading distributed energy and private networks business who develop, finance, own, operate and maintain distributed energy infrastructure, on the grid and also for commercial and industrial customers.
The company design, install, monitor, maintain and optimise Building Energy Management Systems as well as developing Energy Control solutions for smart places - Cities, Campuses and Industrial buildings.
The role and main responsibilities
Reporting into the Business Manager, this opportunity will give you the chance to work within company's existing branch team of BEMS sales engineers, assist in executing the sales process and learn to cultivate and manage long-term relationships.
You will help to seek out, qualify and go on to close new sales opportunities utilising sales tools to help plan and document progress, you will gain capabilities, such to increase business opportunities and participate as a member of the team on key campaigns.
Working closely with your colleagues, Business Manager and the Sales Directors will help you to grow and transition into a fully-fledged Project Sales Engineer with your own key accounts and customers.
This role will also benefit from working closely with company's network of contracted end user accounts and developing sales opportunities from their public sector framework successes; understanding their business, operational and environmental objectives.
* You'll be tasked with proactively identifying and contacting existing and new clients, understanding their business, operational and environmental objectives and ultimately gaining deep enough relationships with the key individuals such to win project contracts for Smart Buildings.
* Utilising your industry experience in BEMS/energy management, you'll be able to share your technical knowledge and operations expertise with clients and learn to match the company's capabilities to their business need. You'll quickly manage multiple, ongoing opportunities & sell new projects by differentiating the compnay from competitors.
* Personal development of team members is fundamental to how company operate and your own development will be mapped out for you with regular reviews to track progress against SMART objectives.
* Training on; selling skills, Account management and development, BEMS Manufacturers' Products, company's own unique offerings and Business strategies will form a key part of that to ensure your growth is in line with Business objectives.
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
* Excellent organisational and communication skills are essential to maintain a collaborative working environment with all stakeholders including customer and external service providers.
* It is expected you'll be proactive, self-motivated, display a professional manner and a dedication to achieving results, with great outcomes for the company by meeting customer expectations; including delivering technical support, coaching and direction. You'll be working in an ever-changing environment and as such will be adaptable and flexible.
* With a determination to grow company's business you will enjoy proactively contacting new clients and be comfortable presenting them with solutions to their BEMS requirements.
* Already be working in a BEMS engineering role with a good grounding in multiple BEMS Products and engineering solutions supporting the Sales team to ensure Tender returns are valid and achievable
* Understand the contractual environment, such to deliver great outcomes by balancing the needs of both the project, customers and the company
* Be educated to a minimum of HNC in an engineering related discipline and be technically capable in HVAC, Building Management Systems, or closely related controls systems
* Possess a proactive and forward thinking mindset where you can add value to our business and the ability to demonstrate examples of your past and current projects
* Due to the nature of the project environment, you will be working in, you'll have the ability to grasp quickly the skills to work in a project based, engineered solutions, target and deadline driven environment
* As you'll be field based but with very regular travel to different sites & customer locations, it is essential that you hold a full driving licence and are located within the region with a flexible working approach.
Salary to 58,000 + company car/cash allowance + bonus and nice benefits