Electrical Assets Manager
Posted on Aug 5, 2021 by Igloo3
Electrical Assets Manager - Power Networks, Slough, UK. Salary range 41,307-54,556 + Company Car/Cash Allowance + nice benefits
This is an exciting opportunity with a leading distributed energy and private networks business who develop, finance, own, operate and maintain distributed energy infrastructure, on the grid and also for commercial and industrial customers.
The company design, install, monitor, maintain and optimise Building Energy Management Systems as well as developing Energy Control solutions for smart places - Cities, Campuses and Industrial buildings.
Slough Heat and Power (SHP) provides electrical power to the Slough Trading Estate by means of a private electrical power network. It owns and operates several primary and secondary substations including 33kV, 11kV and LV assets.
This role will support the network team within asset and investment management functions for the existing network and its development plans and provide same services for new networks and assets as required.
The role involves design and specification of asset maintenance and replacement projects, introduction of innovative projects and new technologies, as well as the active engagement with the project throughout the construction work and project delivery.
* As part of the network team, you'll be responsible for the asset management and investment program to improve the heath index and network safety and deliver the growth strategy for the network.
* You'll focus on the optimisation of the company's asset management activities and on the introduction of innovative methods and technologies into the networks.
* Ensuring that electrical power distribution standards and specifications for EHV, HV and LV assets are adhered to, maintained and developed accordingly in order to ensure that the assets remain fully complaint with the technical and regulatory requirements.
* As part of the role, you'll attend stakeholder meetings and support the corporate governance process
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
* Demonstrable knowledge of asset management principles and methods; asset health index and condition assessment, risk evaluation and management and maintenance planning
* Experience in electrical power systems operation and maintenance including understanding of asset design and specifications at LV, HV and EHV networks; solid knowledge in asset condition assessment, performance and capabilities at LV, 11 and 33kV
* Design and project management experience of LV, 11 and 33kV power systems in maintenance; refurbishment and/or asset replacement projects, experience in asset specifications at LV, 11 and 33kV including electrical switchgear and transformers and skilled in fault investigations and root cause analysis for LV, 11kV and 33kV assets and preparation of technical reports with engineering recommendations
* An understanding of business drivers, strategy, and the development and implementation of asset management plans to deliver on business required thus you should be skilled in cost and benefit analysis of investment options to make informed decisions
* Knowledge of electrical power industry regulatory standards for Distribution Network Operators and an understanding of network and engineering policy documents, practice and standards is essential
* Degree educated electrical engineer (or equivalent), with solid experience in maintenance and asset management. You will be computer literate with prior use of Asset management systems and databases and excellent use of spreadsheets
* Due to the nature of this role, it's essential you hold a full driving license
Salary in the range 41,307-54,556 + Company Car/Cash Allowance + nice benefits