Posted on Aug 4, 2021 by Park Evolution
Looking to move your career to the next level? We are an innovative, family-run development company and consultancy working within a niche area of the grounds work and civils sector actively seeking an experienced, self-motivated Estimator to join our existing team based in Loughborough, Leicestershire.
This is a new opening and great opportunity within the company, it will be an extremely process driven role and will invoke the successful candidates natural leadership skills. The successful candidate must have the desire to lead the pricing and procurement team and play an active part in driving the business forward, the existing team are all motivated with the same ambition and as a result we are experiencing regular growth creating continued scope for progression and long term security.
The candidate must have clear direction and the ability to fill their seat, they must have the confidence to utilise the skillset of their team members to build new processes and standards and be able to progress these to everyday practices. They must have a combination of relevant professional qualifications and 3 + year's experience estimating, ideally in the grounds work and civils sector and preferably they will hold some QS knowledge or background.
The successful candidate will work closely with our buyers with the aim to find areas where margins can be improved, other duties and responsibilities will include:
- Analysing plans, bills of quantities and other project documentation in order to estimate costs
- Researching, sourcing, negotiating and obtaining the best prices and quotes from suppliers and subcontractors alongside our buyers
- Analysing data that can affect costs such as the company's structure and productivity rates
- Assessing the financial, technical and operational risks of the project
- Visiting project sites to gather information
- Staying aware of the latest construction technologies that could increase company productivity
- Leading decisions over project feasibility and whether to bid for the project
- Working closely with key members of the project team and liaising with clients and suppliers
- Analysing historic project data, keeping detailed records and writing reports
- Creating and implementing new estimating based processes
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£60k - £70k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual
£40k - £65k Annual
£50k - £100k Annual
£55k - £75k Annual
£45k - £70k Annual
£45k - £60k Annual
£50k - £55k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual