Front-End Developer / ServiceNow Developer
Posted on Aug 4, 2021 by Accenture
Location: Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh
Salary: TBC - Depending on Experience
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
"Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us." - Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
Our Advanced Technology Centre is a thriving technology and innovation hub from where we deliver high quality services to a number of private and public sector clients.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundary less opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you're looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
In our team you will learn:
- Accountable for the successful customisation, roll-out and maintenance of the Client ServiceNow platform
- Delivering and establishing projects related implementation
- Innovation for multiple clients, ensuring high quality standards and following best practices
As a ServiceNow Technical Specialist, you will:
- Contribute to ServiceNow Solution implementation, according to your role in a project, which could include such activities as:
- system configuration, development of custom features on client and server side, technical consulting, technical specifications preparation, testing support, rollout support and others.
- Follow implementation standards and technical best practices.
- Provide expertise on technical questions, related to ServiceNow platform.
- Understand the business needs and the needs to standardize processes and build this into the design and deliverables.
The following skills and experience are essential for this role:
- Proven track of records in client/server and Web applications implementation projects.
- Understanding of technical and functional design best practices, related to ServiceNow.
- Working experience in agile software development environment (Scrum, Kanban).
- Self-motivation and ability to work in self-organized teams.
- Strong communication, presentation and technical writing skills.
- University or equivalent degree in an IT-related field.
Set yourself apart:
- Previous ServiceNow experience in System Administrator or Application Developer roles. ServiceNow Certified Administrator and/or Application Developer certificate(s) is big advantage.
- Experience with other ITSM software (BMC, Landesk, Cherwell, Heat, Axios, HP,etc.).
- Knowledge of AngularJS.
- System integration experience using web services and other web-based technologies such as XML, HTML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP, REST/SOAP
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle)
- Knowledge of IT Service Management & Operations. ITIL Service Delivery processes and ITIL v3 Certifications is big advantage.
- Approx. 1-3 years' experience in Web Applications development in relevant roles
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including an ability to convey technical information using non-technical language.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with ability to demonstrate influence in a consultative fashion to stakeholders and other team members.
What's in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days' vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there may be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries - powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.