Posted on Aug 3, 2021 by CV-Library
This is your opportunity to join Anglian Water IOS (Integrated Operational Solutions) to enhance your valuable skills and experience, whilst being part of a company dedicated to building a sustainable future. Water is essential to life, to people and to the environment – develop your career with us and help us in securing the future water supply for our region.
What you will be doing as our new Data Analyst?
The Data Analyst seeks out opportunities to drive improved performance against business goals through exploring an array of governed and non-governed datasets. Using statistical techniques and appropriate data analysis tools, the analyst communicates findings with clarity and confidence to drive actions and enable information-led decision making.
This role involves working in an agile fashion and engaging with a range of stakeholders to understand, prioritise and deliver on the highest value analysis projects.
Responsible for using available analysis tools and techniques to identify correlations and causations across a variety of data sets, including governed (stored in corporate data systems) and non-governed (stored across the business in different systems and formats) data. They will apply statistical rigour to their analysis approach, ensuring any recommendations made have high confidence ratings.
* Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and present findings in appropriate formats, following Analytics Community best practices
* Analyse existing information assets to identify performance trends and highlight exceptions and outliers to business process owners.
* Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
* Develop innovative ways of turning data into usable information
* Analytics experience – specifically in roles using data to report and analyse performance measures
* A-Level in maths or equivalent
* Able to manipulate data
* Experience presenting analytics findings to stakeholders (including group presentation scenarios)
* Storytelling through data
* Cyber Security & GDPR
* Commercially Minded
* Experience working with popular data discovery, analytics and BI software tools like PowerBI for semantic-layer-based data discovery.
* Experience extracting and manipulating data using Business Objects, SQL, Python Azure Databricks
* Excel to advanced level
* Experience in working within data governance/data quality and data security frameworks
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£30k - £40k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£20k - £22k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual
£30k - £36k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual