Data Engineer - AWS
Posted on Aug 2, 2021 by Accenture
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, Manchester, Edinburgh
Salary: TBC - Depending on experience.
Accenture will be recruiting at the following levels: (Specialist, Associate Mgr)
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
As a team:
Our Advanced Technology Centre is a thriving technology and innovation hub from where we deliver high quality services to a number of private and public sector clients.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you're looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
In our team you will learn:
- How to provide solutions to real world problems across a variety of industries.
- How to help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
- How best to develop your skills and hone your talents within an innovative technology environment
As a Data Engineer, you will:
- Work with client teams to design and implement modern, scalable data solutions using a range of new and emerging technologies
- Using good communication skills to understand and deliver client requirements
- Bring your experience and ideas to innovative engineering, design and strategy
- Mentor and upskill fellow group members
- Contribute to our internal networks and special interest groups
The following skills and experience are essential for this role:
- Have a deep, hands-on design and engineering background in AWS, across a wide range of AWS services with the ability to demonstrate working on marque projects.
- Have a broad understanding of AWS services including but not limited to, EC2, Storage, AWS Security, Container technologies (EKS, ECS, Fargate), IAM, Cloud Networking, data processing and machine learning.
- Strong experience of programming using SQL, Python
- Have hands on experience with addressing challenges involved in Big Data - large table sizes (e.g. depth/width), even distribution of data
- Have hands on experience with Infrastructure-as-Code technologies: Terraform, Ansible
- Have a deep understanding of Cloud Security and be able to explain how your solution offers maximum flexibility whilst still maintaining all necessary security principles.
- Experienced working on full life-cycle projects
- Capable of working in either an agile or Waterfall development environment, both as part of a team and individually
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, fast paced environment, collaborating with others, contributing to design and estimating discussions and utilising strong stakeholder management skills
Set yourself apart:
- Have worked in a client facing environment
- Hold industry relevant certifications - AWS Solution Architect Associate or Professional (experience will be considered)
- Have managed teams and/or worked across multiple projects
What's in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days' vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there may be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries - powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises.
Closing Date for Applications: 31/08/2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.