Posted on Jul 31, 2021 by Emerald
Emerald is seeking an Event Planner to join Connecting Point Marketing Group (CPMG) team from Rye, NH. CPMG produces events to connect buying executives and suppliers across a number of industries, with a focus on developing mutually beneficial relationships and business partnerships. CPMG's events are high-touch, personalized, and designed to produce unique interactions that drive innovation, collaboration, and the advancement of the industries they serve.
The Event Planner is responsible for operational and financial aspects of three or more events each year, including managing vendors, contracts, budgets, and planning and execution of event logistics. Communication is key in this role; the Event Planner will communicate regularly with internal and external partners and customers about progress, challenges, and any changes occurring throughout the event cycle to effectively execute the Event vision. In addition, the Event Planner will be the primary contact for hotel partners, F&B, and AV, and support fulfillment of onsite sponsorships.
CPMG is a team of passionate people inspiring growth. The best candidate for this position will be creative, proactive communicator, with the ability to organize, prioritize, and anticipate needs in a fast-paced environment. You must demonstrate a commitment to camaraderie and collaboration and work every day to inspire your team, external partners, and providers.
- Manage Event hotel contracts, including elements such as room blocks, banquet orders, event rooms, décor, signage, and other onsite party elements; serve as direct liaison with venue
- Serve as main point of contact for onsite partners including AV, transportation,
- Support fulfillment of onsite sponsorship elements
- Track and reconcile Event budgets
- Lead pre-convention meeting with venue and onsite staff
- Manage room block, including invitee room assignments, suite assignments, no show reports, reinstatement of rooms as needed
- Oversee travel and hotel arrangements for attendees and staff for all Events
- Design, build, communicate, and execute on party themes
- Manage changes as they arise with transportation, room assignments, special requests etc.
- Process all invoices for contracted services, code and forward to accounting for payment
- Update post event documents including Event Summary Sheets, Past Themes and Activity tracking sheets; timely input of your portion(s) of these tracking documents post-event to continue to build and maintain historical data
- Provide exceptional customer service/support pre-Event, onsite and post-Event
- Network with resorts, hotel contacts, associations, other Event firms, etc. to find new resources and uncover new ideas
- 6+ years' experience in corporate event management, budgeting, build/manage hotel specifications, menu creation, and other event planning logistics
- CMP certification desired
- Proven track record of event budget development/management
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Working knowledge of budget management, RFP, and venue planning tools as well as Microsoft Office
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Enthusiastic and outgoing, exceptional communicator, and ability to work well with everyone
Emerald is a leader in building dynamic, market-driven business-to-business platforms that integrate live events with a broad array of industry insights, digital tools, and data-focused solutions to create uniquely rich experiences. As true partners, we at Emerald strive to build our customers' businesses by creating opportunities that inspire, amaze, and deliver breakthrough results. With over 140 events each year, our teams are creators and connectors who are thoroughly immersed in the industries we serve and committed to supporting the communities in which we operate. For more information, please visit .