Research Software Engineer
Posted on Jul 30, 2021 by CV-Library
Are you an experienced Research Software Engineer? Are you an enthusiastic team-player who can come up with original solutions within an R & D setting? Would you like to work for a company who will value you and look after you long term? This is an excellent time to join as they are modernising processes, growing and developing new products.
What will you be doing as a Research Software Engineer?
* You will be working on new software related to core products and rapid prototyping of new concepts.
* Ongoing software support for key software modules, primarily in ‘C’.
* Support for integration of destination display software into a cloud computing platform.
* Creating rapid software prototypes for new concepts.
Who are we looking for in a Research Software Engineer?
* Qualified to degree level (or with equivalent experience) in a software-related subject.
* A few years’ experience in C/C++ programming.
* Enjoyment of, and aptitude for, clear problem analysis and software design.
* Experienced in programming languages:
* C++ with STL,
* Python 2.x & 3.x
* Familiarity with UML Modelling, Git (especially GitLab).
* Experience of using the Yocto & OpenEmbedded build system.
We would love you to have practical experience in one or more of the following:
* Linux operating system
* Docker and server-side software
* Embedded Systems
* Serial Communications
* TCP/IP Networking
* Python programming
* Texas AM335x or IMX7D ARM-core processor
* Familiarity with Ethernet and other communications busses and techniques.
* Knowledge of participating in the Open Source ecosystem.
* Some knowledge of working with micro-controllers to implement both standard and proprietary features to control hardware.
* Full driving license
What’s in it for you?
* 22 days holiday
* Contributory pension
* Private healthcare
* Profit-related bonus
* Parking onsite
How do you get in touch?
If this role sounds like your kind of job then please apply here or get in touch with us direct either through our website, email or by calling the team. We do try and respond to all of you personally but sometimes the volume of interest makes this tricky. If this is the job for you make sure you contact us.
GoGecko Ltd are acting as a Recruitment Agency in respect of this vacancy