Digital Communications Manager
Posted on Jul 29, 2021 by CV-Library
The Electoral Commission has an exciting opportunity for a Digital Communications Manager – Maternity Cover (12-month Fixed Term Contract) to join the team.
Salary: £49,284 per annum
Job Type: 12-month Fixed Term Contract
Digital Communications Manager – The Role:
We are the independent body which oversees elections and regulates political finance in the UK. In this role you’ll contribute to ensuring the UK’s elections are well-run and the public have confidence in democratic processes.
We are looking for a digital communications expert to devise strategies and lead exciting digital transformation projects across the Electoral Commission.
Working with every team in the Commission, you’ll lead on the development of new digital functionality and communications approaches. You’ll work on different topics, aimed at our diverse range of audiences – including voters, political parties, campaigners, electoral administrators, parliamentarians and governments.
You’ll be a plain English champion, helping content creators across the Commission to adapt to this approach.
You’ll also lead on developing proactive and reactive social media content, developing our email programme, and working with a team will utilise analytics to grow our following.
Digital Communications Manager - Main Responsibilities
- Devise strategies and lead programmes to develop digital communications platforms and systems, including websites, social media, and email, being accountable for aligning these with our corporate goals and securing buy-in from senior stakeholders
- Establish and implement digital content governance processes and policies for our corporate website and be accountable for ensuring colleagues at all levels, including senior managers, comply with these
- Be accountable for the accuracy and quality of content on our voter-facing website and ensuring technical systems interact effectively in the back end, deciding on actions to resolve issues and continuously improve this
- Be accountable for ensuring we have the right provisions in place to safeguard and ensure the continued running of our websites and take decisions to resolve issues, around high-profile electoral events
- Devise strategies and be accountable for implementing innovations to continuously improve our channels and content, including adopting a ‘test and learn’ approach, using search engine optimisation techniques across our websites and developing a digital roadmap for our platforms
- Take ownership of procurement processes and managing relationships with external agencies, suppliers and other third parties, being accountable for their performance and deciding on actions to address issues
- Be a strategic adviser to others who are responsible for work with digital elements to it, ensuring our approach is coordinated and consistent across different functions
- Manage a senior communications officer and a communication officer, including objective setting, performance management and being accountable for the quality of the work they deliver
Digital Communications Manager – You:
- Self-directed, results-driven and be able to establish themselves as the respected authority on digital communications
- Strong influencing and relationship management skills, as you’ll have input on work led by others and you’ll need buy-in from across the organisation to deliver your responsibilities
- Able to manage multiple projects in an ever-changing environment, with foresight and maturity to handle input from others, sometimes at the last minute
Digital Communications Manager - Working at the Electoral Commission:
The Electoral Commission offers excellent terms and conditions, including flexible working hours and the opportunity to join the Civil Service pension arrangements (dependent on scheme rules) which include a valuable range of benefits.
We would like to continuously increase the diversity of our employees. Applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates are particularly welcomed.
To submit your application for this exciting Digital Communications Manager role, please click ‘Apply’ now to be redirected to our website and complete the online application, including a supporting statement which outlines how you meet the essential criteria from the person specification in the job description.
The deadline for applications is 11.59pm on Monday 16th August, and interviews will take place from week commencing 23rd August