It Support Technician
Posted on Jul 29, 2021 by CV-Library
Job Title: IT Support Technician – 1st/2nd Line
To continue building on our success and support the rapid growth of our business we are looking toappoint a Technical Support Technician.Reporting to the Service Operations Manager, the successful candidate will have practical experience working on customer facing service/help desks and enjoyworking in a team handling technical and operational enquiries by email and telephone, as well as in person.
The successful candidate must have good technical troubleshooting skills, be presentable and have a passion for delivering an excellent support experience to end users.
The candidate will be ambitious to learn and looking to take their next step in their IT career
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
* Providing 1st/2nd line technical support via helpdesk and onsite.
* Able to quickly identify and resolve common Windows desktop issues
* Manage, monitor and ensure the successful deployment of Windows updates and AD policies
* Administerandmanage clientrequests forMSO365andGoogle Workspace
* Troubleshoot and resolve Windows errors, network connectivity, printer and software issues
* Setup and prepare equipment such as laptops, PC’s, printers, and other peripheral devices,ensuring that systems are ready for use and operating correctly daily
* Perform hardware and software maintenance ,when necessary
* Investigate Windows and software issues through diagnostic tools, Windows event viewer and online resources.
* Monitor, add and update IT helpdesk tickets
* Document all ticket resolution and follow up with all parties involved to ensure the problem was corrected to their satisfaction
* Create and maintain Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange accounts.
* Perform as needed, hardware and software upgrades to existing desktop equipment
* Perform routine server and internal network monitoring and performance benchmarking
* Manage computer operation scheduling, backup, storage and retrieval functions
* Ability to solve hardware/software problems locally and remotely
* Communicate thoroughly and timely all pertinent information to management
* Travel to sites/locations to support with hardware issues/installations and to provide support with A/V equipment
* 2-3 years’ experience in IT Support role/s
* Highly motivated, positive, responsible, organised, quick learner and team player.
* Strong experience in Windows desktop support
* Have a Full UK Driver’s Licence and access to own transport
* Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP and DNS.
* Experience of working with Microsoft Office 365 and Google Workspace
* Knowledge of PC and Server performance and optimal configuration
* Company will be required to process a full Enhanced DBS certificate
* Recognised qualification in IT; either a degree in computer related field, a relevant Microsoft qualification or vocational training from a certified provider.
This role offers a superb opportunity to work for a truly unique organisation, with great scope for future development and responsibility within the role. It would really appeal to someone who enjoys solving problems and has an inquisitive nature and has a passion for delivering customer excellence
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£24k - £26k Annual
£20k - £25k Annual
£18k - £20k Annual
£20k - £32k Annual
£21k - £24k Annual
£26k - £28k Annual
£19k - £23k Annual
£20k - £25k Annual