Service Desk Analyst
Posted on Jul 29, 2021 by CV-Library
We currently have a Service Desk Analyst position available for a motivated individual to join our team in Exeter. Joining us on a full-time, permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary starting from £24,302 per annum plus excellent benefits.
South West Water is part of the Pennon Group, a very successful and stable business that prides itself on sustainability. We provide reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for a population of c. 1.7 million in Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset.
We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today’s residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Responsibility for the environment is central to this. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.
About the role of Service Desk Analyst:
You will instill a customer-centric approach to deliver seamless first-line support for all Group IT Services across locations including South West Water and Bournemouth Water.
Reporting to the Incident Management Lead, you will accurately capture issues and exhaust all options for resolution at the first point of contact, demonstrating empathy and a genuine passion for delivering great service to all IT ‘Customers’ and your colleagues.
The crucial objective for this role is to be responsive to Group IT ‘customers’ support needs by being a first point of contact and managing expectations to effectively and satisfactorily resolve IT Incidents and Requests.
Responsibilities as our Service Desk Analyst include:
- Providing first-line IT support services, supporting a Customer-centric culture by demonstrating skills, values and behaviours expected in a ‘Customer’ facing role
- Ensuring the resolution of IT issues in accordance with agreed Service levels and identifying opportunities support continual process improvement
- Maintaining a base level of Technical understanding for technologies used across the Group
- Instilling a unified approach within the Service Desk teams across the Enterprise to ensure the provision of seamless support of IT services
- Resolving IT incidents and service requests as per documented procedures and ensuring support documentation is updated accurately
- Supporting the activities of the wider Service Delivery team if required
- Escalating any potential impacts to service to the Incident Management Lead to maintain customer satisfaction
What we are looking for in our Service Desk Analyst:
- Educated to degree level standard or able to demonstrate working to degree level
- Extensive and broad?based IT and business experience, delivering diverse corporate and operational IT services in a medium/large organisation
- A minimum of one year working in an IT support function or technical role
- Familiarity of following ITIL processes for Incident and Service Request processes
- Familiarity with Microsoft Exchange Online, SCCM, Active Directory, anti-malware technology, enterprise storage arrays/backup technology and a strong working knowledge of Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 365
- Experience with IT Service Management products. Experience with prioritising and managing workload effectively, being able to manage multiple open Incidents/Problems and Service Requests simultaneously
What’s in it for you?
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We’re one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition.
Your own company vehicle
Discretionary bonus scheme
Excellent ongoing training and development opportunities
Various health benefits
Closing date: Thursday 12th August 2021
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply now to be considered as our Service Desk Analyst - we look forward to receiving your application
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£20k - £25k Annual
£18k - £22k Annual
£22k - £25k Annual
£130 - £130 Daily
£120 - £140 Daily
£23k - £23k Annual
£23k - £23k Annual
£0 - £15 Hourly
£23k - £26k Annual
£23k - £26k Annual