Senior Software Engineer
Posted on Jul 29, 2021 by CV-Library
Our client is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Software Engineer to join their expanding Video Monitoring team working on video search, capture and web forensics technologies in a distributed, real-time anti-piracy system in use by many major global media companies from satellite / cable broadcasters to sports rights owners and movie studios.
What will your job look like?
* This role reports to the Monitoring Capture Team Leader, and will be based in our clients Birmingham office.
* The position requires individuals who are highly analytical, have a good understanding of network communications, a passion for problem solving and the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines. This role presents the opportunity to work on a large-scale distributed application used by many major global media companies from satellite / cable broadcasters to sports rights owners and movie studios in order to manage the security of their premium video content.
Key daily tasks will involve
* Working as part of a team on a large-scale application that supports services in use by major global media companies.
* Conducting research into new video search, delivery and capture technologies, and implementing solutions for these.
* Liaising with other teams within the company working on related technologies (such as video fingerprinting, watermarking and front end portal) to ensure delivery of an integrated service to our clients.
* Being responsible for the full development life-cycle, from design and prototype through development, testing, and deployment.
* Delivering to rapid timescales in a dynamic environment.
* Working closely with other team members in an agile environment, sharing knowledge and mentoring.
* Demonstrating drive and enthusiasm, innovating, working with minimal direction, meeting requirements, and delivering to a high standard.
* BEng / MEng / BSc / MSc in relevant subject or equivalent experience.
* Knowledge of basic data structures and algorithms as well as object-oriented development and design patterns
* Knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals and web technologies
* Experience with Unix/Linux systems, including scripting skills.
* Experience with relational databases, particularly MySQL
* Experience with version control systems, especially Git.
Desirable experience, skills and tools
* Knowledge of media technologies such as video codecs (H.264 etc.), audio codecs (AAC etc.), delivery protocols (RTMP, HTTP streaming such as HLS etc.) and video tools (ffmpeg etc.)
* Experience with packet analysis tools (e.g. tcpdump, Wireshark etc.).
* Experience in computer vision, machine learning, NoSQL databases and/or big data
* AWS cloud services (including ECS, EC2, CloudWatch, RDS, Lambda, S3)
* GitLab CI or other CI / CD tooling
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£40k - £50k Annual
£74k - £77k Annual
£50k - £70k Annual
£65k - £65k Annual
£60k - £75k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual
£350 - £450 Daily
£40k - £60k Annual