Business Development Manager - Battery Storage
Posted on Jul 29, 2021 by Igloo3
Business Development Manager, Battery Storage Network Infrastructure. Salary range 70,000 - 80,000 p.a + bonus + share incentive, London. UK.
This is a great opportunity for a commercially & technically astute business development professional to accelerate their career in a high-growth energy storage investment business,
The company is at a very exciting stage of development, it's highly entrepreneurial, very well invested and has market leading positions in battery storage, as well as EV infrastructure.
You'll be helping to originate, develop and close large scale battery projects in transmission & distribution and in major infrastructure sectors across the UK, potentially in international markets too.
We're looking for a high calibre operator with good knowledge of the electricity transmission market, large scale battery experience and preferably knowledge of the target markets (transmission, distribution, rail, ports, airports).
The role integrates with team members in finance, legal, engineering and construction to put together complex, high-value business cases and contracts.
* Supporting origination and working on the development of transmission and distribution level large scale energy storage projects in the UK and internationally
* Developing strategic partnerships to support the growth internationally
* Developing compelling propositions and managing the relationship to contract close
* Building financial models with the support of supply chain and finance teams
* Understanding the impact of regulatory requirements and various applications (trading, ancillary services, balancing mechanism) on each project's and client's business case
* Preparing high quality internal InvestCom papers
* Building proposals to submit into tenders
* Supporting the closure of deals
* Developing sales and marketing materials, speaking at and attending conferences as appropriate
* Helping manage client relationships post contract close as appropriate
* Contributing to the strategy process - including identifying opportunities to take the company's experience to other target markets (e.g. US/AUS)
You'll need to hit the ground running and be comfortable operating at a rapid pace with (sometimes) high levels of ambiguity and the pressure of deadlines.
Essential skills & experience:
* High quality education (bachelor's degree or masters) preferably in engineering, and or finance related
* Solid work experience (7-10 years) in commercial / business development in the energy sector (B2B) preferably in energy storage or renewables sectors
* Strong commercial skills - comfortable with legal contracts and project financing
* MS Office suite, including very strong EXCEL & Powerpoint
* Excellent communication skills, capable of presenting financial models and sales pitches
* Strong organisation skills, team player and good attention to detail
* Knowledge of the UK energy landscape
* Ability to work in the HQ in London and travel UK wide and internationally
* Desire to work in a fast moving, high pressure and entrepreneurial environment
* Python skills advantageous
* Experience in energy storage, renewables, and/or EV infrastructure
* Knowledge of the US and Australia energy landscapes
A competitive remuneration package is available, based on quality and range of experience c. 70,000 - 80,000 (range based on indicative experience of 7-10 years') + bonus c.20% + share incentive. Good opportunity for personal growth and responsibility