Senior Project Development Manager – Smart Energy Systems
Posted on Jul 28, 2021 by Igloo3
Senior Project Development Manager - Smart Energy Systems, Glasgow, Reading or London, UK. Salary to 65,000 + bonus, car/cash allowance + benefits package
This is an exciting opportunity with a leading distributed energy and private networks business who develop, finance, own, operate and maintain distributed energy infrastructure, on the grid and also for commercial and industrial customers.
The company design, install, monitor, maintain and optimise Building Energy Management Systems as well as developing Energy Control solutions for smart places - Cities, Campuses and Industrial buildings.
Our client's Digital Services team is currently expanding its portfolio of services and solutions by developing a smart energy systems capability. It is targeting rapid growth in this part of the business and beginning a transformation process, focussing on decarbonising electricity, heat and transport.
Working for the Smart Energy Systems Sector Director, the Senior Project Development Manager will be an exciting role with a genuine opportunity to position the company as a provider of choice in this field.
You will help in bringing the best energy and digital solutions that our client offers to business customers in local, smart energy solutions that encompass energy assets such as generation and battery storage, electrical networks, load and control systems such as Virtual Power Plants to deliver smart, flexible energy systems.
* You'll be responsible for developing the integrated energy solutions, shaping propositions and to help secure contracts and partnerships with public and private sector organisations across the UK.
* Effectively bring together areas of different expertise, working with internal stakeholders, experts and external partners to ensure the propositions are developed in line with our customers' needs and our strategy.
* You'll be instrumental in bringing together different energy technologies in an energy system design that brings value to customer and the company. You'll work with a wide range of client and other stakeholders to ensure awareness and influence on the market and to continuously adapt propositions to suit both. The role will support the business with necessary governance steps through a gated process from initial project specification to be prepared for hand over to delivery teams with a clear business case and rationale for development.
* You'll manage supporting teams to ensure that propositions/bids are delivered on time and positions taken during negotiation are signed off by the business. You'll also be responsible for achieving internal approvals in line with the company and business governance processes and deliver a sales target of completed contracts per year.
* Excellent understanding of distributed energy systems including generation technologies, storage, private networks, IDNO and the configuration of these systems to optimise them
* Good understanding of the flexibility markets, including UK energy trading and balancing markets, Virtual Power Plant, and Demand-Side-Response projects
* Experience of identifying, on-boarding and working with partners to scope, build and deliver complex technical projects and building bespoke propositions across a complex range of technology and solutions.
* Good knowledge of policy and regulation impacting on the GB energy system including transmission and distribution charging, wholesale price evolution drivers and other non-energy costs that contribute to the energy bill as well as experience calculating commercial opportunity (and risk) associated with the above energy system components
* Track record in delivering energy projects and/ or energy assets to commercial clients. Where possible you will have reference projects that demonstrate your involvement in shaping and delivering energy systems
* You'll be adept at managing stakeholders in a dynamic large corporate environment with an ability to drive your own plan to meet the business interests. You'll be quantitatively analytical, a problem solver and a self-starter.
Salary up to 65,000 + bonus + company car/cash allowance & benefits