Service Desk Analyst
Posted on Jul 26, 2021 by CV-Library
Service Desk Analyst - £20,000 - Lancashire
Role: Service Desk Analyst
Are you an experienced 1st line support analyst looking for the next step in your career?
Do you want the opportunity to work for a fast-growing MSP who prioritise staff training and progression?
Do you have experience of working to KPI's and SLA's?
Concept IT are looking for an experienced IT Support analyst to work for a busy SME MSP based in Lancashire. My client provides a busy to customers all over the world and due to a sustained period of growth are looking to expand their IT team.
The role is either worked Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours a week, between the hours 8:00-19:00 with some out of hours to cover a 24x7 rota.
* Call and email answer within SLA
o 95% of all calls answered within 30 seconds.
o Emails answered in a maximum of 2 hours.
* Ticket logging and classification on Autotask
o Ensure the accuracy of all tickets logged to ensure appropriate engineer allocation at the next stage of the process.
o Ensure that the tickets have the correct urgency applied based on the business impact of the fault.
o Ensure that all information is captured within the ticket using agreed templates.
* Proactive update to customers
o If a customer has requested an update, ensure that this is delivered back in a timely manner.
o If owning a ticket, ensure that regular update is provided.
* Resolution and ownership of tasks
o Completion of low complexity tasks - handset replacements, toner orders, cordless handset faults and registrations
* Queue management
o Management of tickets needing internal involvement - incident; problem and change.
* Escalation level 1
o Provide an appropriate update to the customer and prepare for handover to your line manager should a level 2 escalation be required
* Ability to multitask in a highly pressurised department whilst helping to ensure we hit key OLA's around answering calls and emails.
* Ability to ask open and closed questions to capture enough detail for engineers to investigate. This can entail asking difficult questions to capture the detail.
* Having to speak to highly skilled customers and maintaining a level of competence when discussing different technical faults.
* Technical knowledge in some or all of the following are expected depending on role - Cisco, Avaya (Nortel), data networking, voice solutions, wireless, network security, LANs, WANs, Microsoft technologies, Citrix, VMware.
Skills & Abilities
* A self-starter, someone who can work using their own initiative.
* An ability to work in a busy environment.
* Passionate about customer service.
* Excellent Customer Service skills with a strong customer focus.
* Willingness to be flexible & get involved in all areas.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, willingness to co-operate & work effectively as a member of a team & interact with other departments.
* Adaptable to change.
* Able to communicate fluently both orally & in writing.
* Eager to learn, dynamic, motivated, flexible & service-minded a team player who is capable of working independently or as part of a team.
* Experience of working on a Service Desk.
* Awareness of technology / comms / network services
* An understanding of ITIL service management. Including:
o Incident Management
o Problem Management
o Change Management
o Service Request Management
Work alongside the lead Professional Services engineering team with new installs / issues which come off the back of the project.
Technical Skills and minimum 2 years' experience on some combination of the following:
* Experience of Cisco routers, both management and configuration.
* Experience of Cisco/Extreme Networks/Aruba switches, both management and configuration.
* Experience of Cisco firewalls, both management and configuration.
* Some experience of following Incident, Problem, Release, Change, Configuration and project management processes.
* Knowledge of networking principals.
* In depth knowledge of Windows networking.
* Familiarity with Windows server operating system from a networking perspective.
Accreditations (Cisco): one or more of the following:
* Cisco Certified Technician (CCT) - Any specialism
* Cisco Certified Network Associate - Any specialism
Skills & Abilities:
* A self-starter, someone who can work using their own initiative
* An ability to work in a busy environment
* Passionate about data engineering
* Excellent Customer Service skills with a strong customer focus
* Willingness to progress and continue to develop knowledge and skills in other fields.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, willingness to co-operate & work effectively as a member of a team & interact with other departments
* Adaptable to change
* Able to communicate fluently both orally & in writing
Eager to learn, dynamic, motivated, flexible & service-minded a team player who is capable of working independently or as part of a team.
This is an immediate requirement, therefore if you are anyone you know is interested, please forward your most up to date CV with contact details to Jack Bannister at for consideration.
Citrix - VMWare - 0365 - AWS - AZURE - WSUS - Active Directory - SLAS - KPI's - INTUNE - SCCM - Veeam - SQL - 1st - CCNA - CISCO - CCT - SLA - ARUBA
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£23k - £26k Annual
£23k - £26k Annual
£23k - £26k Annual
£12 - £17 Hourly
£25k - £28k Annual
£18k - £21k Annual
£20k - £22k Annual
£130 - £150 Daily
£15 - £15 Hourly
£20k - £23k Annual