Senior Media Buyer
Posted on Jul 26, 2021 by CV-Library
Senior Media Buyer (£30-50k DOE + bonus scheme)
Eversholt, Bedfordshire (Temporarily Remote – Full Remote for the right candidate)
My client is a performance marketing company that has been operating in this sector since 2012.
As a leader in the field, we maintain, and continue to develop a portfolio of web and mobile applications, as well as the marketing, tracking, and reporting platforms and tools to allow us to maintain our success and work towards our goals of expanding into new countries.
We are looking for a highly creative Senior Media Buyer to lead and drive our marketing team.
Your leadership will be required to collaborate and craft strategies within the team to launch, optimize and implement online media campaigns across all digital networks, working daily with Google Ads, Facebook and Instagram, DSP & programmatic bidding platforms to establish a presence and online identity to target audiences. The Senior Media Buyer will work closely with the Media Buyer to ensure that all comprehensive media plans are properly maintained and distributed, choosing the correct media to support a specific promotion and how to drive campaigns towards success. They will also oversee the process of purchasing placements for advertisements on websites, apps and other digital platforms and be the crucial liaison between advertisers and agencies. Important decisions will need to be made, determining tactics and channels to connect with the audience and accomplish goals and maintaining media plans. The candidate will need to keep abreast of emerging trends and technologies within all relevant channels and explore potential and innovative routes to market.
In addition to being an outstanding communicator, you will also demonstrate excellent interpersonal and analytical skills in excel and programming, making sure the business is getting the best ROI from their campaigns.
Manage and develop the marketing strategy for a comparison site platform. The team are currently live in 5 Geos (UK, US, IE, AU, CA), and 3 verticals (Dating, VPN and Antivirus). Current Ad Spend ITRO £200k/month with plans to grow to £1m/monthly within the next 2 years. Key challenges are to maximise the current opportunities we have available growing ad spend whilst maintaining a keen eye and intellect for developing profitability. Competing with some of the biggest media buying companies in the world is quite a challenge. The team requires a candidate who is ready to step up and work smart to help the team achieve their ambitious goals.
* Oversee conversion rate optimisation of our campaigns and landing pages.
* Increase our operational efficiency, applying automation wherever possible.
* Help firm up our SEM strategy, then help expand our marketing operations into FB, Native and other display channels.
* Participate with the media team (3 persons) to brainstorm new and innovative growth strategies and engage and develop in-house training programmes to achieve commercial results.
* Manage account organization and prepare accurate reports on our marketing campaigns overall performance.
* Research and identify potential expansion opportunities.
* Complete and understand thoroughly our competitive landscape.
* Liaise and building relationships with our media sales providers.
* Confidently communicate our progression with stakeholders.
* At least 5 years of active media buying/media strategy development.
* Educated to degree level or equivalent in a marketing or business-related field.
* Excellent analysis skills, excel or programming skills.
* Strong SEM experience (Google/Bing)
* Experience of google ads scripting.
* Experience managing complex campaigns.
* Experience in budget management, project management, strategy development, forecasting and ROI calculations are highly desirable.
* Good numerical, analytical and research skills to evaluate campaigns Good numerical, analytical and research skills to evaluate campaigns.
* Creativity and problem-solving skills.
* A strong work ethic, intelligence, and a can-do attitude.
* Strong communication and people skills.
* Hands on a methodological approach.
* Ability to deal with a fast-paced work environment, under pressure and make decisions quickly.
* Highly organised so that you can handle multiple projects simultaneously.
With all employees currently working remotely, we will look to induct you digitally, but would like to have days in the office, at least to start with on a one-to-one basis to get you up to speed as quickly as possible but also in the safest way we can.
We are motivated to take care of our employees and will support you in any way we can during this difficult time. Once we are back to having days at the office, you will benefit from:
* Fully equipped onsite gym
* Private parking, right outside the office
* Beautiful countryside location, ideal for lunchtime walks
* Patio/garden area with BBQ for lunch and meetings in the sun
* Friendly and welcoming office environment with relaxed dress code
* Opportunity to take advantage of our bonus scheme