Container Platform Architect
Posted on Jul 23, 2021 by Request Technology
.*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a Container Platform Architect. This person will architect and build container platforms. This person will work 60% with on prem containers and 40& with public cloud containers. This person needs to have at least two years of experience architecting, implementing, and maintaining Kubernetes cluster deployments with a preference for experience with vendor supported variants such as VMware PKS/TKGI and IBM/Redhat OpenShift. They want to see someone with cloud experience with AWS or Azure. Also needed is experience with DevOps and CICD.
- Develop and maintain a roadmap aligned with current and emerging strategic initiatives
- Collaborate with development teams, product managers, business leaders, engineering, operations teams and security teams to identify and deliver features of value to the users and the enterprise.
- Promote the adoption of automation techniques and DevOps practices to improve the infrastructure and software life cycle including infrastructure and application uptime, availability, time-to-market, and value flow for users
- Design, implement and operate automated, container services platform with a focus on application concerns, including migrating workloads to containers, containerizing development workflows, high availability, networking policy, service routing, observability, integrating with shared enterprise services, integrating container platforms with automated continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) pipelines, and platform security
- Design and implement API's and other tooling as required to enable consumption of containerized computing resources as a secure, reliable, and highly automated service consumable by business focused development resources.
- When necessary, participate in technical troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and remediation efforts.
- Develop methodology and tooling as required in support of observability of applications and the platforms to support efforts such as capacity planning, workload placement and balancing, chargeback, etc.
- Drive initiatives across organization boundaries as required to ensure availability of underlying infrastructure, CI/CD tooling, and cybersecurity services as required in support of container platform service requirements.
- Demonstrated experience providing architectural leadership integrating Kubernetes into large enterprises with substantial cybersecurity and regulatory requirements in a manner that is easily consumable by development teams as a highly automated and resilient service.
- Three years of experience working with container build and runtime technologies.
- Two years of experience architecting, implementing, and maintaining Kubernetes cluster deployments with a preference for experience with vendor supported variants such as VMware PKS/TKGI and IBM/Redhat OpenShift.
- Hands on experience deploying and supporting Kubernetes on at least one IaaS provider (Azure, Amazon, GCP).
- Five years of experience building and supporting distributed computing environments.
- Robust proficiency in Linux and/or Windows systems.
- Demonstrated competency in a programming/Scripting language, with a strong preference for Go experience.
- Experience designing and implementing infrastructure automation API's using interface definition tools like Swagger.
- Strong understanding of virtual computing environments and concepts such as hypervisors, virtual Switches, vCPU, and load balancing concepts.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP network concepts including bridging, switching, routing & DNS.
- Experience working with one or more CNI provider implementations.
- Strong understanding of continuous integration concepts and tooling, preferably with hands on experience designing or implementing portions of CI/CD pipelines, and integrating such pipelines with source code and container image'scans etc.
- Experience designing and implementing containerized infrastructure logging and observability technologies, such as Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana, Wavefront.
- Demonstrated understanding of Cybersecurity threats and mitigating controls.
- Demonstrated understanding of Public Key Infrastructure. Experience with cert-manager on Kubernetes is a plus.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Physics, Math, Engineering or comparable experience
- Experience with managed Kubernetes services such as AKS, EKS or GKE/Anthos is a plus but not required.
- Experience with .NET core.
- Network Security/Firewalls experience and or experience with Kubernetes Network policies