Business Advisor, Ohio Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA) Center
Posted on Jul 23, 2021 by Greater Cleveland Partnership
The Business Advisor, Ohio Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA) Center, will work directly with Minority-Owned Business Enterprises (MBEs) served through the Ohio MBDA Center to develop business plans, review financial projections, identify sources of capital, facilitate connections to business opportunities, and matchmaking to strategic partners that fill business growth needs. Three MBDA Business Advisors will be hired.
Position Location: Flexible
Position Region: State of Ohio
- Manage and meet regularly with a portfolio of prospective and current Ohio MBDA Center clients.
- Update Salesforce database with information on potential and current clients of the Ohio MBDA Center.
- Leverage existing and new relationships with minority-business serving programs (within GCP and in the State of Ohio) to build a pipeline of prospective Ohio MBDA Center clients.
- Identify and build relationships with strategic partners in the economic development ecosystem throughout the State of Ohio to best serve Ohio MBDA Center clients.
- Conduct assessments of potential Ohio MBDA Center clients, and direct them to appropriate strategic partners and/or the appropriate level of assistance from the Ohio MBDA Center.
- Advise Ohio MBDA Center clients on their financial statements, business plans, etc. and recommend a course of action for business growth.
- Participate in status calls and meetings with strategic partner organizations to assist clients.
- Meet performance metrics (monthly, quarterly, and annually)
- Participate in panel discussions and events to promote the Ohio MBDA Center services and resources.
- Travel to all regions in the State of Ohio to build relationships with service providers, identify and advise clients, and generally promote the benefits of engaging with the Ohio MBDA Center.
- Meet weekly and communicate regularly with other Business Advisors to best serve the needs of Ohio MBDA Center clients and collectively meet the goals established by MBDA.
- Other job-related functions as assigned.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent business experience in a related field is required.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a management or entrepreneurial position, or in a business/corporate setting.
- Understanding and consideration of issues related to economic inclusion, particularly racial equity and inclusion.
- Demonstrated commitment to racial equity and the ability to work with(in) communities of color.
- Experience in and knowledge of corporate procurement practices, as well as small-to-medium size business growth strategies.
- Significant urgency to act, interest in driving others to act, and proven history jumping in and taking initiative.
- Comfortable with taking ambiguity and turning it into action.
- Process-oriented; comfortable in a fast-paced, often-changing environment.
- Likes variety in work and is comfortable with a certain amount of disruption in a planned schedule.
- Ability to navigate complexity of politics and communication across many organizations and diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational skills related to processing information and materials.
- Outstanding communication skills, including superior writing skills, confident verbal communication, and thoughtful understanding of other one-to-many communication vehicles, eg email, social media.
- Ability to manage projects with many stakeholders with different perspectives.
- Excellent relationship-building and customer service skills with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and see them through to completion.
- Proficiency in time management: responsive to requests, and able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to perform tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.), Salesforce, video conferencing.