Software Test Engineer
Posted on Jul 23, 2021 by Signify Technology
Remote Software Test Engineer
Signify Technologies client are looking for an experienced Software Developer in Test (Backend). They are looking for a curious engineer who wants to push forward, faster, and smarter, never settling for second best.
This position is a combination of infrastructure support and DevOps but always with a focus on innovation. You will be building and evolving cloud environments and be the technical authority in this area.
You will need to be based in the UK.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing feature test strategies and writing verification plans using existing test infrastructure
- Collaborating with Product and Ops teams to translate functional requirements into test cases
- Working closely with the development team to analyse, debug and resolve the bugs
- Developing and evolving test frameworks, tools, infrastructure, and CI systems
- A commitment to monitoring and observability
- Analysing and identifying the most efficient level and type of testing needed across the development and release cycle, at which automated tests will provide the most value and coverage
- Driving our expansion into Amazon Web Services through effective DevOps principles, clean Terraform code, Docker/Kubernetes orchestration and automation
- Working within an agile engineering squad to further advance our operational capabilities and improve our cycle time for feature delivery
- Being active in our communities of practice across engineering and development to continually enhance our collective knowledge.
Expectations for this role:
- BS/MS degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
- Experience with Scala - you will be testing this language.
- Experience with Performance Testing using tools such as JMeter/Gatling
- Experience in working on distributed systems like AWS Cloud
- Familiarity with cloud technologies such as Microservices, RESTful APIs, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Experience in infrastructure testing
- Understating the idea of chaos testing
- Ability to work with git repos
- An understanding of Microservices architecture from a testing perspective
- Experience with CI/CD processes
- Knowledge of GitLab CI as a nice-to-have
- Experience with Kafka (or similar messaging systems) testing
- Passionate about quality metrics in product implementation.
- A self-starter and work with minimal supervision. Mentor junior engineers in the team.
- The ability to interact with colleagues from all disciplines and specifically work closely with the development teams
- A track record in developing test automation within an Agile environment
- Excellent communication skills including spoken and written English.
If this position looks like something of interest, then please reach out to me.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£30k - £35k Annual
£20k - £25k Annual
£350 - £400 Daily
£30k - £45k Annual
£30k - £50k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£35k - £55k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£60k - £70k Annual