Senior SW Engineer (C++)
Posted on Jul 22, 2021 by TEKsystems
Title: Senior SW Engineer (C++)
Start date: ASAP
End date: 31.12.2022 (with options of multiple extensions)
Remote: Home office possible under agreement with the team, no full remote possible
Team: 4 members highly interacting and collaborating (Scrum/SAFe)
On behalf of our client, one of the world's largest biotech companies, we are looking for a Senior SW Engineer (C++). The mission is to build and maintain an Instrument Control Framework (Library) that allows instrument development teams to sustainably build and test the instrument control layer. The team serves multiple instrument projects and instruments of different sizes.
- Software development within an Agile Release Train, developing frameworks, libraries, and simulations
- Relentless improvement of the software stack and toolchain
- Participate in all phases of software development from feasibility studies through design, development, testing, documentation, devops and bug fixing including software maintenance
- Close collaboration with the internal customers (SW Developers)
- Profound knowledge and at least 2 years of experience in modern C++ (C+ or higher), preferably in a Diagnostics/Pharmaceutical environment
- Experience with software design patterns and principles and object-oriented design (OOD)
- Experience with Linux, modern Python, Bash Scripting
- Experience with git and collaboration tools (GitHub/GitLab/bitbucket)
- Experience in projects with end to end responsibility (gathering requirements, design, development, testing, deployment)
- Must feel comfortable on a GNU command line
- Feels comfortable in an agile environment
- Experience in multi process and multithreaded application development
- Communicative open-minded team player
- Business fluency in written and spoken English language
Nice to Haves
- Modern CMake, Debian and Jenkins experience
- Linux Containers
- Experience in Real Time software engineering
- Former Diagnostics experience
Employee Value Proposition:
Excellent opportunity to join one of the world's largest biotech companies, with option of multiple extensions
Job Title: Senior SW Engineer (C++)
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Rate/Salary: 1.00 - 1.00 CHF Hourly
Job Type: Contract
TEKsystems, an Allegis Group company. Allegis Group AG, Aeschengraben 20, CH-4051 Basel, Switzerland. Registration No. CHE-101.865.121. TEKsystems is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at our website.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go our website.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice on our website for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.