ServiceNow (SNow) Lead Developer/Product Owner
Posted on Jul 22, 2021 by TSSI Ltd
The IT Lead Developer (ServiceNow) will be responsible for business engagement, developing, transformation, and overall system design for ServiceNow portfolio of demand requests. This person will serve as the Product Owner and Lead Developer and will manage resources and budget (internal and external) in the delivery and support of ServiceNow technology.
- Lead and drive overall success of the ServiceNow products.
- Responsible for establishing, tracking and reporting on ServiceNow demand performance
- Coordinate the identification and assessment of automation opportunities within the organization
- Manage automation activities, governance processes, and performance metrics
- Manage business demand of all ServiceNow services, managing user expectations focusing on quality and business value.
- Responsible for the definition, design, configuration, testing, deployment and integration of new, modified and/or enhanced products in ServiceNow
- Lead and/or participate in testing activities, including integration testing, end-to-end process testing and user acceptance testing
- Lead and/or participate in the problem identification/error resolution process, including tracking, repairing and reporting defects
- Participate in various types of interviews, meetings or workshops to define and design development and/or enhancement solutions.
- Create, edit, revise and finalize life cycle deliverables such as requirements specifications, solution design documents, and operating instructions (ie standard operating procedure)
- Create and maintain process, technical, project or other documentation, as may be required, to support configuration, project management, and training
- Support quality assurance activities as needed
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and/or participate in the people development process, including identifying skills needed by staff to operate ServiceNow software and tools, and overall system development capabilities.
- Forecast staffing and resource (infrastructure, license, etc.) needs as the program grows
- Deploy a multi-disciplinary approach (New Modules, AI tools, business analytics, etc.) to solving business challenges
- Contribute to building a repository of tools, playbooks and best practices
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years ServiceNow lead developer experience with managing, configuring, and deploying ITSM functionality.
- 5+ years hands-on ITIL process development and management background.
Preferred experience would include
- ITSM ServiceNow Certification
- ITIL Certification
- Track record of meeting and/or exceeding established client, project and performance goals
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills; able to effectively communicate and build relationships with stakeholders, process teams, leadership, and third parties
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to present in a clear and concise manner to all levels within the enterprise
- Ability to think clearly, analyse quantitatively, problem-solve, and prioritize tasks
- Experience working in an Agile-Scrum work environment
- Demonstrate expertise with multiple full life cycle analytics or system integration engagements across strategy, design, implementation