Front End PHP Developer
Posted on Jul 22, 2021 by Beacon Hill Staffing Group
Beacon Hill Technologies has a 6+ month contract opportunity for a Front End PHP Developer. This will be a remote position to start and will be expected to work onsite in September.
- Work collaboratively as part of a cross-functional team to plan, design, develop,
and implement and maintain a visual style library for the content management
system that showcases the company's distinctive strengths in a dynamic and compelling way. Contribute constructively to office
and team brainstorming, planning and implementation discussions. Facilitate
interaction with colleagues, supervisor, constituents outside UMC
and vendors supporting the company's digital presence. Work with others
through the development, configuration, migration, integration, testing and
maintenance of Drupal websites. In collaboration with colleagues and
supervisor, ensure that all sites within the Drupal content management
conform to company brand standards (including responsive design), federal
law regarding accessibility, and UMC protocols for functionality and usability.
Work with other members to establish web architectural standards and
- Design and Develop Drupal themes and sub-themes; build page layouts with
content and blocks, build navigation with menus and toolbars, create content
types, and perform code reviews. Develop custom integrations to bridge third
party software. Translate technical information into specifications or action
plans. Develop and produce documentation of web applications including
requirements and design documents, code documentation, user
documentation and other reports as needed. Assist in implementation and
testing for new Drupal websites. Diagnose and correct any issues.
- Administer the company's Drupal content management system and associated
web systems. Implement views, taxonomies. Ensure
protection and security of data that is accessed, collected, or stored by web
applications and databases.
Experience: 3 years of experience configuring, developing, integrating, and maintaining
new, complex and custom web-facing sites, modules, and themes, preferably in an
academic environment. Prefer experience with Drupal 8.
Education: Bachelor's degree required, in IT-related field preferred.
- Knowledge of OOP principles in PHP 5.x and greater.
- Knowledge of Twig or other templating languages.
- Knowledge of Drupal theme development in Drupal 7 and 8. Knowledge of
common Drupal 7 & 8 modules such Views, Paragraphs or Context and
extending them through code.
- Fundamental knowledge of Gulp.
- Knowledge of Git or other version-control software.
- Understanding of command line (SSH, Drush, etc.).
- Working knowledge with RESTful Web Services.
- Familiarity with technical issues that can emerge in web development and ability
to work constructively with various development teams.
- Mastery of and commitment to apply web development best practices, such as
responsive design, progressive enhancement and graceful degradation.
- Excellent project management, time management, and organizational skills (plan
and implement projects according to specifications, report project statuses,
identify delays or resource shortages.
- Ability to collaborate constructively with others to solve problems and share
- Work independently, to meet deadlines, adapt to shifting priorities, and manage
multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and make sound decisions.
- Ability to prioritize key tasks when confronted with limited time and/or resources.
- Prefer proficiency with Grunt/Gulp, Twig Template Engine, and awareness of
interface design standards, information architecture, user experience and web
accessibility as it relates to developing sites.
- Ability to meet consistent attendance.
- Ability to interact with colleagues, supervisors, and customers face to face.
Find Us on Facebook!
Follow Us on Twitter!
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries utilizing a complete suite of staffing services. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Life Sciences and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting .
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future