Chief Technology Officer (Scale-up, EdTech)
Posted on Jul 22, 2021 by Robert Walters
We are currently partnered with a high growth EdTech business, looking for an ambitious CTO to join the business. Based on years of academic research, the company aims to change the people learn through its digital content delivered through APIs. This would ideally suit an individual with prior experience as a CTO, VP of Technology, or VP of Engineering.
Due to their rapid growth the company has entered a new phase in its trajectory. They will be serving more customers, their platform will handle more requests, they are expanding their line of products, and their software will crawl, index, and store more data than ever. They will also be looking at mergers & acquisitions whilst growing their technical team: a key part of this will be hiring the right technical leadership.
Skills & Requirements:
- Prior experience, preferably within a SaaS company, as a CTO, VP of Technology, or VP of Engineering
- Proven experience with shipping complex software services and product
- Ability to act at the crossroads of sales, technology, and customers
- Energetic and inspiring personality, eager to achieve the company's mission
- Experience with growing international teams and hiring new talent
- Excellent command of English
- Able to relocate
- Experience in the EdTech market would be a strong plus, but not essential
- Support the company's future strategy with a focus on its tech
- Leading the company's data science, development, product, and operations teams in collaboration with the Director of Technology and Director of Science
- Leading the execution of their product development roadmap.
- Selecting and interviewing candidates to strengthen the various technical teams
- Ensuring the platform remains secure and scalable.
- Defining and introducing new products and services in collaboration with their Director of Product
- Reinforcing the application of AI/ML in collaboration with their Director of Science.
- Proposing and making build-or-buy decisions including acquisitions
- Following industry trends, spotting opportunities, and applying them to the company's growth
- Actively collaborating with the Learning Tools Interoperability community
- Introducing and cultivating processes: development and project management methodologies, OKRs, code review, testing, CI/CD, QA, planning, hiring, training, documentation, DevOps, remote working, development environments
- Architecture: infrastructure, scaling, infrastructure-as-code, load testing, cloud solutions
- Business continuity: backup/restore processes, failover, availability.
- Security: secure programming practices, pen testing, ISO 27001, OWASP, GDPR, data privacy, responsible disclosure
- AI: machine learning, deep learning, information retrieval, neural networks, training data, model validation
- Intellectual property: licensing, patents
- Analytics: data warehouse, KPIs, monitoring, alerting.
- Financial: billing engine, subscription management, accounting interfaces, payments.