Embedded Controller and Power Electronics Software/Electrical Engineer
Posted on Jul 21, 2021 by Electra Commercial Vehicle Ltd
Electra is a company with the vision to provide the commercial vehicle operator the clean, zero emission solution for city centre deliveries.
Electra is making city centre delivery a 100% clean and silent operation, allowing minimal impact of vehicles in our environment which are essential to keep our cities running 24 hours a day. Converting vehicles to fully electrical sustainable transport to reduce city centre emissions.
We are looking for an ambitious and self-motivated Software Engineer to join our Software Department.
You will be expected to bring technical knowledge and guidance of writing and programming Electras embedded Electronic Control Units, CAN Gateways, Battery Management Systems and other Power Electronics.
Working knowledge and experience of using and programming/writing software/code for: -
- CodeSys 2.3 and 3.5
- MathWorks - Matlab and Simulink
- Vector - Microsar, Adaptive Microsar and other Vector products
- ICCS SDK Plus
Have working knowledge of vehicle HV battery (BEV) systems for our vehicle range. Ideally be from an electrical/electronics back ground and have an automotive experience.
Your support will ensure the achievement of our business objectives and our technical development, through delivering on projects time and within budget. The role will require you to take responsibility for the feasibility study, scope preparation, development, documentation and maintenance of our software systems from development to production.
- The main role will be to program, tests and evaluate our battery electric vehicles power electronics and control systems (embedded controllers and power electroncis) at our production facility in Blackburn Lancashire.
- Proven experience in a similar role in an automotive application
- Excellent understanding of battery electric vehicles
- Sound working knowledge and experience in writing embedded software programs
- Good working knowledge of LiFePo 4 Prismatic Cells, Lithium Pouch and Lithium Cells
- Good electrical and electronic skills
- Working knowledge of Battery Management Systems (BMS) and their programming
- Working knowledge of HV DC battery safe working practices
- HV isolation, automatic disconnection and insulation monitoring
- An understanding of battery layout, their electrical design and charging capabilities
- Excellent computer skills and preferably with knowledge and familiarity of, CAN
- CANOpen, J1939, Software C-code, CodeSys 2.3 and 3.5, communication protocols,
- CANMoon and toolchain
- Experience of developing control algorithms for EV/HEV automotive applications, including electric motor controls
- Multi tasker and organised
- A sense of urgency
- Good team player with the additional ability to work alone unsupervised
- Dedicated and Loyal
- Friendly person with good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to fit in
- An eye for detail
- High standard of work
- Vehicle industry knowledge would be beneficial
Write and analyse programs written for embedded controllers and other power electronics
Adopt the cultural approach to working within the parameters of SIL 2 (safety Integrity Level) and ISO26262 functional safety (with support)
Support vehicle design and build as well as advise on the battery and charging design process
Plan, execute and record vehicle tests, including electrical safety
Manage component change including costs
Responsibility for the collation and presentation of data as and when required
Develop relationships with colleagues in internal functions
Ensure your own health and safety as well as that of your colleagues
Ensuring Health and Safety guidelines are adhered to at all times
General housekeeping duties, ensuring that the work area and workplace are cleaned daily
You can expect to work in a motivated, energetic, constantly evolving workplace, one where there is opportunity for progression and development.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£27.5k - £33k Annual
£28k - £28k Annual