Posted on Jul 21, 2021 by CTRLIO
ctrlio helps motor insurers win customers more efficiently and manage their risk portfolios in real-time. Good for the insurer and, most importantly, the customer.
The ctrlio team are looking for a talented engineer who is passionate about architecting and building high performance SaaS platforms, at scale. ctrlio use machine learning to help businesses understand the competitiveness of their deals, in real-time, so that they can make offers with the best chance of conversion, at the moment that matters.
As a small close-knit InsurTech start-up, you will work closely with the CTO, Engineering lead and team, product and the data science team to architect and deliver a range of high-performance API based services and the underlying data pipelines, in an incredibly exciting industry.
At ctrlio, every member of our team has an essential voice in defining the product we deliver, and this exciting opportunity gives you the chance to change the digital marketplace.
In this role you will:
- collaboratively build a platform to deliver complex analytics in real-time, at a massive scale
- support the running and constant improvement of the real-time analytics platform, through site reliability engineering best practices
- contribute to our data pipeline, designing and implementing scalable infrastructure for data ingestion, aggregation and analytics
What you'll need to be successful
- 3+ years commercial software engineering experience (Python, or polyglot experience)
- cloud architecture experience and config management (ideally AWS and Terraform)
- a passion for agile principles; building high-quality, well tested software
- experience of architecting scalable API services a bonus
- experience of using Kubernetes to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of containers
- experience of "Big Data" pipelines and designing and implementing scalable infrastructure for data ingestion, aggregation and analytics (e.g. PySpark, AWS Glue, AWS Athena, AWS Kinesis) a bonus
- experience with relevant development tools and methodologies: CI/CD, Git, JIRA
- ability to maintain a high bar for coding conventions and standards, and a deep understanding of unit / integration testing (ideally in Python)
- strong communicator with the ability to present your own ideas with a 'get things done' attitude (we are a start-up after all)
- the ability to collaborate with other engineers on how to approach complex problems
What you'll achieve:
- understand our business, and how we are trying to change the world
- participate in sprint reviews and work closely with engineers and the product owner to nail down requirements
- deploy high-quality, well tested software in an agile environment, at scale
- understand the data science that powers ctrlio's core analytics and how we might extend it even further
- become highly knowledgeable about ctrlio products
- be a bastion for quality while helping other engineers reach exacting standards
- mentor junior teammates with patience and help build a bar-raising team
- be instrumental in building and supporting a platform to deliver complex analytics in real-time, at a massive scale
What you'll get from us:
We realize exceptional people don't choose jobs based solely on benefits, but we do our best to make sure that you're set up for success, so you can do your best work.
At ctrlio, you'll get a competitive salary, equity options, 25 days holiday + 2 duvet days and a flexible working environment aimed at helping you get the most out of both work and home life.
We are currently working fully remotely but will give you everything you need to work effectively from home. We plan to remain mostly remote for the foreseeable future but have created a great remote working culture - ask about our daily lunch n learns, tea and biscuits, snack deliveries, pizza hackathons and more. As restrictions ease, we'll provide access to flexible and safe working spaces in London. We're all looking forward to the fun stuff, like our off-site team away days to discuss culture and strategy, and Summer and Christmas parties.
Hiring exceptional people who want to build a great company together is our number one priority, and we are committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace where everyone is supported and inspired to do their best work. We're growing fast, and there's plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact - join us!
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£49.2k - £64.7k Annual