Data Engineer - Scala, Kafka/NiFi
Posted on Jul 21, 2021 by Gazelle Global Consulting
Are you an experienced Data engineer? Do you have any coaching experience? If so, we are looking for you.
One of our biggest clients is hiring for "Data Engineer" for a 6 ro 12 month contract. 100% Remote.
- The Data Engineer will work on the collecting, storing and processing of sets of data.
- The primary focus will be on integrating, configuring, maintaining, implementing, and monitoring applications and big data components such as Apache Kafka, HBase, Spark.
- Designing scalable and future-proof systems, working with large sets of structured and unstructured data.
- This also includes the industrialization of proof-of-concepts and setting up interfaces.
- You will work closely with multiple teams to provide end-to-end applications and data solutions.
- You are able to create an application from the ground up, make architecture decision accordingly and coach more junior persons in the process
- Minimum 4 years of experience as data engineer
- Experience with data integration from multiple sources
- Hands-on development experience, preferably in Scrum/Agile setting
- In-depth knowledge of - and working experience with - the Hadoop ecosystem, preferably Hortonworks/Cloudera distribution
- Minimum 4 years hands on experience building applications with Scala
- You are curious, proactive, fast learner able to quickly picking up new areas
- Programmatic mindset
- Experience with Scala unit testing
- Strong communication skills in English (both written and spoken).
- Deploying with Docker, Nexus, Bamboo
- Experience with event-streaming: Kafka and/or NIFI
- Capable to take the role of trainer/coach.
- Ability to consult and advise a team on best tool selection, best practices and optimal processes
Nice to haves
- Knowledge of Kubernetes
- Experience with Databases preferable SQL Server
- Knowledge of data structures
- Knowledge of the Dutch language is preferred
- Experience or affinity with Machine Learning and/or Operations Research concepts
- Experience with Cloud platforms, preferably Azure
Please apply if you are interested and available