Lead DBA (Database Administrator) REMOTE
Posted on Jul 21, 2021 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Lead Database Administrator
Northbrook IL 60062 (Possible 100% Remote)
This company is looking to modernize. You will be the first DBA to design and architect manage and administrator Database technology. Youi will manage 3rd part outside providers right now. They have Oracle, DB2, MS/SQL. looking to go SQL/NoSQL. Cloud AWS Spark datalakes Azure GCP this will grow
- Responsible for the acquisition, configuration, deployment and maintenance of critical database technology across the organization
- Ensures systems are designed and implemented for 24x7 availability
- Responsible for managing incidents and work orders for the DBA team
- Develops and maintains standard operating procedures and controls for managing databases across the application stack, including JDA/BlueYonder, PeopleSoft, Hyperion, MicroStrategy
- Responsible for database performance along with continuous optimization.
- Establishes strategic vision and roadmap for relevant areas
- Provide leadership and review new and changing business strategies that impact technology planning, financial decisions and project milestones
- Manage capital projects and operating expense for department
- Engage with external technology vendors, suppliers and outsourcing partners to research new database technologies
- Evaluate and review industry trends that will allow the company to grow and scale quickly
- Partner with security and compliance on key deliverables and actions, including customary audits and handling of PII
- Effectively manages and motivates both on-site and off-shore resources
- Provides reporting to senior leadership on system performance and optimization opportunities
- Effectively assesses capacity and data retention for planning purposes
- Execute with an eye toward innovation and automation
- Identify repeatable tasks and engage with technical partners to eliminate manual or rudimentary processes
- College degree in the field of computer science and/or 10+ years equivalent work experience
- 7+ years experience managing database technology in an enterprise environment
- Practical experience with database fundamentals, such as Hadoop, DataLakes or ETL methodologies.
- Experience managing 3rd party providers (Pythian, Datavail) and off-shore teams to deliver DBA capabilities.
- Hands-on experience with replication technologies and solutions (Mimix, DataGuard, VPC, SQL Replication and AlwaysOn, VMRM, FSRM), including practical experience with DR roleswaps and failovers
- Proficient in backup/recovery solutions, including RMAN, IDPA, DDBoost, DataDomain
- Proven ability to effectively design tables, schemas, indices, data structures and relationships
- Working knowledge of public cloud database infrastructure and architecture (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Strong working knowledge of current and leg
- acy database concepts and platforms (Oracle, DB2, MS SQL, NoSQL)
- Fluency in monitoring and DB optimization tools, such as OEM, DTA, LQS, Solarwinds, LogicMonitor
- Demonstrated record of accomplishment around driving change and scale within a Technology organization. Includes ability to coach and mentor others
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to understand business requirements, communicate vision and gain alignment with senior leadership
- Working knowledge of enterprise operating systems, including RHEL, Windows Server, AIX and IBM i
- Excellent attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong financial acumen and program management skills
- Strong familiarity with key SDLC disciplines
- Ability to be hands-on when troubleshooting major incidents across the organization.
- Good written and verbal language skills (English)
- The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.