API Management Specialist
Posted on Jul 21, 2021 by Source Technology
Source Group are currently working alongside a leading Financial Institution in Europe as they look to recruit a Freelance API Management Specialist to join the team on a long term Greenfield project.
This is a hands-on role and you will be mainly responsible for design, implementation and support of the API Management ecosystem using Google Apigee. In addition, this role offers opportunity to work on modern data integration and processing technologies such as open-source Hadoop technologies, Kafka and Nifi.
* Implement API management platform using Google Apigee to include API proxies, mashups, rate limiting, security, analytics and developer portals
* Support business lines to define the functional and technical API roadmap, contribute in implementation of business API strategy, API development methodology and API configuration
* Assist technical developers and solution architects in understanding and adopting the API roadmap, strategy and solutions, and contribute to evolution from SOA to APIs and in building APIs
* Provide operational support for data integration and data analytical platform such as Kafka, Cloudera Big Data Platform and other data integration pipeline managed by ITS and other business areas
Skills and experience:
* Experience with build and deployment methodologies using Google Apigee (gateway functionality in particular), and familiarization with API Edge and Developer Portal functions.
* Candidates with strong hands-on experience of other API Management Gateway frameworks will be considered (ie MuleSoft, Axway, IBM, Microsoft, WSO2, Tyk) for this position as well.
* Experience in operating big data technologies and services such as Cloudera and Hortonworks data platform, hadoop family technologies, Kafka, Spark etc - would be an advantage