Lead Database Administrator
Posted on Jul 21, 2021 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is looking for a Lead Database Administrator. This company is looking to modernize their database and this will be the first DBA design and architect. They will manage and administer database technology. They will manage 3rd party outside providers. They looking to change from Oracle DBz and go to cloud AWS, datalakes, Azure.
- Responsible for the acquisition, configuration, deployment and maintenance of critical database technology across the organization
- Ensures systems are designed and implemented for 24x7 availability
- Responsible for managing incidents and work orders for the DBA team
- Develops and maintains standard operating procedures and controls for managing databases across the application stack, including JDA/BlueYonder, PeopleSoft, Hyperion, MicroStrategy
- Responsible for database performance along with continuous optimization.
- Establishes strategic vision and roadmap for relevant areas
- Provide leadership and review new and changing business strategies that impact technology planning, financial decisions and project milestones
- Manage capital projects and operating expense for department
- Engage with external technology vendors, suppliers and outsourcing partners to research new database technologies
- Evaluate and review industry trends that will allow the company to grow and scale quickly
- Partner with security and compliance on key deliverables and actions, including customary audits and handling of PII
- Effectively manages and motivates both on-site and off-shore resources
- Provides reporting to senior leadership on system performance and optimization opportunities
- Effectively assesses capacity and data retention for planning purposes
- College degree in the field of computer science and/or 10+ years equivalent work experience
- 7+ years experience managing database technology in an enterprise environment
- Practical experience with database fundamentals, such as Hadoop, DataLakes or ETL methodologies.
- Experience managing 3rd party providers (Pythian, Datavail) and off-shore teams to deliver DBA capabilities.
- Hands-on experience with replication technologies and solutions (Mimix, DataGuard, VPC, SQL Replication and AlwaysOn, VMRM, FSRM), including practical experience with DR roleswaps and failovers
- Proficient in backup/recovery solutions, including RMAN, IDPA, DDBoost, DataDomain
- Proven ability to effectively design tables, schemas, indices, data structures and relationships
- Working knowledge of public cloud database infrastructure and architecture (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Strong working knowledge of current and leg
- acy database concepts and platforms (Oracle, DB2, MS SQL, NoSQL)
- Fluency in monitoring and DB optimization tools, such as OEM, DTA, LQS, Solarwinds, LogicMonitor
- Demonstrated record of accomplishment around driving change and scale within a Technology organization. Includes ability to coach and mentor others
- Working knowledge of enterprise operating systems, including RHEL, Windows Server, AIX and IBM i