SQL Server Database Administrator (SQL Server DBA) - Swansea - remote
Posted on Jul 21, 2021 by Easton Haines Consultancy
SQL Server Database Administrator (SQL Server DBA) - Swansea - remote - working from home
Based within Technology Services, the SQL Server DBA will provide support across the estate of the business, delivering an efficient and reliable environment.
The SQL Server DBA will be developing, implementing, maintaining and supporting database systems.
Duties will include:
- Ensuring all database Servers are backed up in a way that meets the business's Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
- Testing backups to ensure the business can meet their Recover Time Objectives (RTO)
- Troubleshooting SQL Server service outages as they occur including after hours and at week-ends
- Configuring SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms
- Actively monitoring the SQL environment
- Installing and configuring new SQL Servers
- Deploying database change scripts including scripts provide by third party vendors
- Documenting the company's database environment
- Ensuring the SQL estate is fully resilient and recoverable, considering provision for Disaster Recovery (DR)
- Ensuring Development meets requirements and passes full testing
- Supporting, maintaining and developing MongoDB databases
The SQL Server DBA will have substantial experience in database development and support in MS SQL Server environments alongside strong experience in database administration in SQL Server (2008 -2019) and ideally, an MCDBA/MCT certificate or equivalent - knowledge of a Scripting language is also required - ie Powershell, VBScript, WSH.
A good mix of the following is desirable:
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimsation using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Knowledge of SQL Server tools
- Experience of working with and supporting big data clusters
- Experience with Hadoop and Spark technologies
- Experience with Cloud database technologies
- Experience in performing DR tests
- Expert experience in implementing operational automation
In return you will receive a salary of between £30,000 and £40,000 per annum plus an excellent benefits package and a great working environment (including free parking!). Opportunity to work from home with occasional trips to the office in Swansea
Please apply either by using the link provided or by emailing your CV direct to me. Alternatively, you can call for more information on the number shown below.
Easton Haines Consultancy is a specialist recruitment business for the IT industry. No terminology in the advertisement is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies, we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary or contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment business.
Please note that, unfortunately, due to the high level of applications, we are only able to respond to those candidates whose CVs match the job requirements.