Senior Application & Data Analyst
Posted on Jul 21, 2021 by The Royak Group Inc.
The Senior Application & Data Analyst will work with business partners including Senior Leadership and technology leadership to design and implement customer-facing solutions and support data analysis and application analysis processes. Will provide strategic and tactical insights from data that will help inform key decisions. Will work on small and large, moderately complex projects that require increased skill in multiple technical environments and disciplines. Participates on one or more project teams performing application analysis, design, development, integration and enhancement activities as well as related maintenance and production support. Will validate data quality and perform analysis on the data to ensure that it meets business expectations. Must have knowledge of and experience with various search/match and data cleaning software packages and tools. Must know techniques to deal with large amounts to data. Experience with large databases is strongly preferred, especially as it relates to dealing with complex data. Travel to client sites is required.
Conceptual & Strategic:
- Create and manage the technological infrastructure of the data platform (storage, processing, queries). This includes creating the links to the extracting and transferring of data from multiple sources - ERP, CRM tools, web management tools, third-party market data, on-line public data, etc.
- Transform or direct the transformation of data into consumable information for processing of transactions (ie on-line sales orders), measurement of activities (ie sales dashboards), analytics (ie weather patterns impact on mulch sales), Demand Planning (ie forecast vs actual Real Time). Push out data to the appropriate individuals (the users - Sales Management, Plant Managers, Purchasing Managers, etc.) vs. them having to extract the data from Abas or spending a great deal of time creating spreadsheets
- Translate and interpret functional needs into actional information, appropriate tools, and visualizations for more effective and efficient decision-making.
- Supports ERP system and related software
- Analyzes data quality and come up with rules to help improve it. Develops data cleaning/cleaning/scrubbing rules and supporting technologies to achieve that goal.
- Executes assigned database builds, updates, and extracts. Reviews and correctly interprets results of data hygiene and data consolidation runs for assigned processes to ensure quality. Works with a set schedule and deadlines.
- Participates in design and development of large projects such as database redesigns or new database implementations. Identifies all data mapping related issues beforehand and help to resolve those.
- Participates in project planning sessions with business partners, business analysts and team members to analyze development requirements and make recommendations for moderate to complex systems
- Prepares project plans, identifies milestones, assesses workload, and assigns tasks to others if needed.
- Responsible for efficient design and error-free implementation of assigned technical portions of the project.
- Strong experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools such as Salesforce.com (or other). Ideal candidate has configured, deployed, and supported at least one successful CRM implementation.
- Requires experience and understanding of a multiple programming languages and applicable applications. Experience with Abas ERP and/or Power BI or similar helpful.
- Strong business acumen and working knowledge of a profit and loss statement. Proven ability to translate business needs into technical solutions.
- Demonstrated expertise in working across multiple areas of the business. This includes operations, sales, accounting, and logistics.
- 10+ years of experience with process development, including data hygiene, transformation, load, and audit.
- 10+ years of experience working with large databases required.
- Proven track record of success in the following competencies: Accountability and Integrity, Effective Communication, Change Management, Problem Solving, Priority Management, Teamwork, Developing and Influencing others