Senior Scada Technician
Posted on Jul 21, 2021 by Cathcart Energy Associates
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced SCADA Engineer to join our dynamic client at the forefront of the Power Systems, generation, and transmission Sector.
You will be developing cutting edge technology in a unique approach to Distributed Energy Resource Management Systems, directly contributing to the increased demand for sustainable energy both in the UK and emerging international markets.
Our client is at an exciting stage of its development, and the role offers excellent opportunity for career progression, professional development and flexibility.
You will be working with UK based DNO's on the National Grid and be involved in the full project lifecycle of software including designing to customer specification, configuration and testing/commissioning.
The ideal candidate will have a Power Systems/Electrical Engineering background deploying/maintaining Scada systems. Applicants from similar industries with transferable skills are welcome and Vendor experience would be highly desirable.
You must be able to understand electrical problems and the application of software tools to solve them as the role will involve an element of development and writing of code.
The role will involve regular interaction with the clients inhouse hardware at their Glasgow office so candidates based in or willing to relocate to the area would be preferred, however this is negotiable depending on experience and relevance.
Essential job criteria are listed below and further details can be found by contacting Hamza Jabir at Cathcart Energy, Edinburgh.
Required Experience and Capabilities
* BSc/BEng/MSc/MEng in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Control, Computer Science or similar discipline
* Have contributed to engineering projects involving elements of electrical engineering, systems integration and customer site commissioning
* Understand software engineering lifecycle and documentation process for design, development and support
* Experience with automation and control platforms, e.g. Programmable Logic Controllers, RTUs, industrial PCs, single-board computers, microcontrollers
* Understanding of utility communication architectures, standards and protocols, including: DNP3, Modbus, OPC, IEC61850
* Experience configuring communication protocol interfaces for Client/Server and Publish/Subscribe protocols
* Strong analytical, presentation and report writing skills
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£260 - £280 Daily
£30k - £40k Annual
£260 - £280 Daily