Posted on Jul 21, 2021 by TEKsystems
Title: (Junior) Data Scientist
Start date: ASAP
Contract Length: One-year contract (with option of multiple extensions)
On behalf of our client, one of the world's largest biotech companies, we are looking for a passionate Data Scientist to join the calculation team focusing on the algorithm side of assay development. We mainly work on algorithms which will end up running in the diagnostic devices. Our data science team is currently working on a larger scope such as image analysis topics.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Provide visual overviews and dashboards of results explaining trends and patterns in data.
- Data preparation and pre-processing accessing SQL databases and remote Servers.
- Provide fundamental insight about subject matters related to assay development.
- Implement reproducible Machine Learning pipelines using internal SW and best practices.
- Perform exploratory data analyses/data science techniques.
- Communicate statistical analysis and interpretation of data.
- Discover, create and improve analytical methods to support novel approaches of data and information processing.
- Design and develop novel and machine learning algorithms using both Auto ML SW and Python
- Master in computer science or related fields preferred with focus and experience in pharma - biochemistry
- Previous working experience as a Machine Learning/Data Scientist for at least 2 years
- Good programming skills in Python demonstrated experience making R Shiny dashboards
- Expertise implementing machine-learning techniques (eg, K-means, SVM, trees, neural networks)
- Strong knowledge of sciKit Learn, Pandas, and Keras
- Previous knowledge of biochemistry, assay development, or pharmaceuticals
- Strong grasp of fundamentals: linear algebra, statistical data analysis, discrete and continuous optimization, supervised and unsupervised methods, generative and discriminative methods
- Worked in SCRUM team and proficient using Git version control
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Knowhow in object-oriented programming. Familiarity with reading Jmp, Matlab, and C based code
- Experience working in an international environment
If you are interested, please apply to this post or contact me directly at (see below)
We are not able to consider applications from any non - EU 27 candidates.
Job Title: Data Scientist
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Rate/Salary: CHF Hourly
Job Type: Contract
TEKsystems, an Allegis Group company. Allegis Group AG, Aeschengraben 20, CH-4051 Basel, Switzerland. Registration No. CHE-101.865.121. TEKsystems is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at our website.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go our website.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice on our website for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.