Cloud Engineer - Anthos/Kubernetes/GPU (Remote)
Posted on Jul 20, 2021 by Appsbroker Ltd
Appsbroker is Google's largest Premier Partner in Europe and a MSP.
We deliver leading-edge cloud services to some of the world's most exciting brands, in sectors from retail through automotive to finance.
We help customers modernise the way they deploy compute platforms, often with a hybrid configuration on-prem/GCP or GCP/Other Cloud. These projects fall into two main camps.
Application modernisation using Anthos/Kubernetes to orchestrate workloads. Consulting with the customer to improve their practices on CI/CD and how they develop software and manage these services with a focus on SRE practices.
HPC uses industry specific schedulers like deadline/slurm to orchestrate workloads across many VMs.
- As a Consultant contract AppMod Engineer at Appsbroker you will have the chance to work on all aspects of designing, developing and deploying high-quality solutions for a range of clients working in many different fields.
- You will work within a cross-functional agile team, driving engineering best practice as well as mentoring team members to grow their skills and experience.
- This is a hands on role, so your previous experience will mean you are adept at finding solutions to complex problems in both code and design.
- We're committed to continuous improvement, so you will be expected to proactively suggest and implement enhancements, along with driving and influencing the vision and key engineering decision with the department.
What we need from you
- Working experience as a client delivery and project focussed consultative Engineer within DevOps, Platform engineering or Application development
- Strong experience with networking and a good understanding of microservices and distributed systems.
- Knowledge of on-premise infrastructure, virtualisation and a good understanding of SRE principles
- Experience of architectural design patterns and strong engineering principles
- Will have an automation mindset for deploying and testing infrastructure
- Will be passionate about building/deploying systems in a modern cloud first way.
- Technical skills that cover; Public cloud, IP Networking, Load Balancing, DNS(Cloud DNS and Hybrid), VLAN, Docker and associated technologies
- Experience in identifying, debugging and resolving complex production issues
It would be great if you have an interest and hands on experience in some of these;
- GCP, VMWare ESXI, vSphere, vCenter, VDS, NFS/SMB, DHCP, Filesystems, Volume Management, Linux, Helm, Terraform, Ansible, CI/CD practices, Golang, Prometheus and Grafana, Git, Bash, Hypervisors, Kubernetes, Istio
- Experience working with High Performance Computing
- Google Cloud Anthos or VMware Tanzu or IBM/RedHat OpenShift practitioner
- Anthos (GKE, ACM, ASM, Cloud Run - Kubernetes, Istio, KNative)
Appsbroker is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.