Big Data Engineer
Posted on Jul 20, 2021 by Source Technology
Source Group are currently working alongside a leading Financial Institution in Europe as they look to recruit 3 x Freelance Big Data Engineers to join the team.
The roles will be supporting the growing Banking Platform tackling a range of complex software and data challenges, including data management, advanced analytics and business intelligence
- Provide implementation support on variety of data management and analytics projects using the approved databases (big data as well as relational databases) and analytical technologies
- Responsible for development and following best practices for big data environment
- Develop required code for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and 'big data' technologies
- Minimum 5+ years work experience in Big data technology space.
- Experience in building data ingestion pipelines (simulating ETL or ELT workloads for data warehouse or data lake architecture.
- Hands-on development in using open-source big data tools (Hadoop, Kafka, Hive, Spark etc)
- Experience with Cloudera
- Background in Banking, Investment or Asset Management would be beneficial
- Fluent in English
This role is only suitable for candidates who are happy to relocate to Switzerland full time.