SQL Data Engineer (AWS, PostgreSQL, Pentaho)
Posted on Jul 20, 2021 by Jumar Solutions Ltd
Jumar Solutions are looking to engage a mid-senior SQL Data Engineer to join our team and work on an exciting central government project - strong SQL and data skills are essential.
We are supporting a very interesting Public Sector project of work and are in need of a Data Engineer with an interest in AWS to join our team - this is a great opportunity to pick up Cloud/AWS skills.
You will be looking at Data structure design and implementation, Data migration design and execution as well as Data analysis and warehousing. Data Extraction and presentation will also form part of your remit.
Key responsibilities are:
- Data structure design and implementation
- Data migration design and execution
- Data analysis and warehousing
- Data extraction and presentation
- High degree of proficiency in SQL (PostgreSQL) OR Pentaho
- Experience of Data Model design
- Some working knowledge of AWS
- Experience with building data Extract Transform and Load (ETL) processes using appropriate toolsets
- Familiarity with basic Linux commands, navigation, editing and Scripting
- Experience with Amazon Web Services data platform tools - Redshift, Glue, Quicksight etc.
- Experience with data visualization products such as PowerBI, Tableau, Qlikview
- Experience with other Cloud based platforms
The role is fully remote, with the potential to be partially based from London if required, when COVID-19 subsides.
The role will require SC Clearance - must be eligible to go the process and have been a UK resident for 5 years.
If you are seeking a new opportunity and would like to work on a project that has real social value please apply ASAP - we can interview and hire NOW!