Posted on Jul 20, 2021 by LCA Consulting Services
Naval Architect R&D
Within the R&D department and in cooperation with other departments, your mission will be to study, propose and support vessels improvements in connection with but not limited to hull structure, hydrodynamic, propulsion, rudder and lashing rules in the aim of achieving emission reductions and improve operational margin.
During this mission you will:
- Participate in R&D concept ships projects in order to evaluate new technologies with design offices
- Participate in newbuilding and retrofit projects of the fleet and assist the chartering department to leverage best practices and technologies
- Participate in technologies assessment that will participate to ship efficiency improvement and decarbonation
- Participate to Joint Industrial Projects with the partners (yard, design offices, suppliers, etc ..)
- Support technical teams with the redaction of specification, drawing approval, documents and certifications follow up, technical support to the fleet, drydock and fleet upgrade team).
Profile and required skills:
Graduated MSC degree in marine engineering (ENSTA, Centrale, Mines, ENSAM ), with naval architecture experience and preferably fleet support and/or project management experience in another company.
- Naval architecture
- Ship's propulsion
- Structure and vibration calculations (FEM), fatigue knowledge
- Class rules for steel vessel for container ships (BV, DNV-GL, ABS)