Private Markets Fund Accountant - Officer
Posted on Jul 18, 2021 by Aston Carter
My client, a leading investment management firm, are seeking a Fund Accounting Officer to join their busy team.
The Officer position is within the Private Markets (PM) Fund Accounting Business Unit of the Alternative Investment Services Group.
- The Officer will be responsible for ensuring team compliance with operating policies, procedures and guidelines in the completion of Net Asset Valuations (NAV) across our Private Markets Fund Structures.
- The Officer will interact with all levels of professionals, internally and externally. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are required. Candidates must demonstrate initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and simultaneously handle multiple assignments.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and review the work performed by PM Fund Accounting staff, in Ireland and other locations as applicable
- Manage internal workflows to ensure internal and client deadlines are met
- Manage expectations with client contacts
- Prepare and/or review monthly, quarterly and annual financial work papers; including portfolio schedules, accrual schedules, profit & loss schedules, and partner capital allocations
- Prepare and/or review investor capital call and distribution calculations; including the review of investor notices
- Process Fund sub-closes on accounting systems or accounting workpapers
- Prepare and/or review periodic bank and cash reconciliations and post journal entries
- Prepare and/or review quarterly management fee calculations, and other Fund calculations as applicable
- Prepare and/or review client related correspondence
- Coordinate annual audit with Fund Auditors
- Prepare and/or review Fund Waterfall calculations and Partner Capital Account allocations
- Review Fund governing documents, including Limited Partnership Agreements and Offering Memoranda, to ensure consistency with accounting procedures and calculations in use
- Establish and maintain working relationships with key client contacts, including investment professionals, investors, auditors, lawyers and banking personnel
- Participate in ad-hoc client/internal projects as required
- Coordinate client deliverables, both with clients and internally, such as financial statements, capital calls and distribution notices
- Review and approve transactions (money movement, trades, etc.) in accordance with established guidelines
- Assist team in ensuring all accounting procedures and calculations are consistent with governing documents
- Ensure adherence to internal policies and procedures
Job Title: Private Markets Fund Accountant - Officer
Location: Kildare, Ireland
Rate/Salary: .00 EUR Daily
Job Type: Contract
Trading as Aston Carter. Allegis Group Limited, Bracknell, RG12 1RT, United Kingdom. No. . Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Aston Carter is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, Talentis Solutions, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available on the website.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to the website.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice on the website for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the UK, EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.