IT Manager, Applications & Data
Posted on Jul 18, 2021 by The Royak Group Inc.
The IT Manager, Applications & Data will map out, coordinate and oversee the activities for the design, development and execution of a company's database, information systems and software applications. Will manage project teams performing application analysis, design, development, integration and enhancement activities as well as related maintenance and production support. Will work closely with business partners including Senior Leadership to design and implement customer-facing solutions and support data analysis and application analysis processes. Will provide strategic and tactical insights from data that will help inform key decisions. Will manage small and large, moderately complex projects that require increased skill in multiple technical environments and disciplines. Will validate data quality and perform analysis on the data to ensure that it meets business expectations.
Responsibilities also include:
- Ensures that development projects match business needs and requirements, furnishes end-user requirements, identifies and resolves systems issues, conducts pre-testing of systems and makes proper modifications. Analyzes existing applications and recommends improvements for these systems.
- Manages Analysts, Designers and Developers in the installation and testing of new software programs and applications.
- Manages and direct procedures for the application development team towards their utilization for business operations.
- Confers with Software Engineers and Network Administrators to ensure quality assurance, algorithmic consistency and data processing.
- Directs a team responsible for the transformation of data into consumable information for processing of transactions, measurement of activities (ie sales dashboards), analytics, demand planning (ie forecast vs actual Real Time) and pushing out data to the appropriate individuals/users,
- Analyzes data quality and come up with rules to help improve it. Develops data cleaning/cleaning/scrubbing rules and supporting technologies to achieve that goal.
- Researches and makes recommendations on software products and services for procurement; perform feasibility studies for software and system products planned for purchase and give suggestions based on findings.
- Manages operational costs; conducts near- and long-term financial forecasts for expanded functionality/user base.
- Conducts project planning sessions with business partners, business analysts and team members to analyze development requirements and make recommendations for moderate to complex systems.
- Prepares project plans, identifies milestones, assesses workload and assigns tasks to teams.
- Manages the design and development of large data projects such as database redesigns or new database implementations. Identifies all data mapping related issues beforehand and helps to resolve those.
- Requires experience and understanding of a multiple programming languages and applicable applications.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle and methodologies.
- Strong project management and leadership skills.
- Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments.
- Applies strong communication and analytical skills and knowledge of best practices to navigate his/her team on problems related to applications development.
- Strong business acumen and working knowledge of a profit and loss statement. Proven ability to translate business needs into technical solutions.
- Knowledge of the technological infrastructure of the data platform (storage, processing, queries). This includes links to the extracting and transferring of data from multiple sources - ERP, CRM tools, web management tools, third-party market data, on-line public data, etc.
- Extensive experience with process development including data hygiene, transformation, load and audit.
- Extensive experience working with large databases.
- Demonstrates expertise in working across multiple areas of the business.
- Interacts effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
- Proven track record of success in the following competencies:
- Accountability and Integrity
- Effective Communication
- Change Management
- Problem Solving
- Priority Management
- Developing and Influencing others
- Bachelor's degree is the minimum academic requirement.