Data & Software Engineer
Posted on Jul 18, 2021 by RM IT Professional Resources AG
Data & Software Engineer vacancy for a globally operating Zurich based company in the financial sector.
- 8+ years working in a similar field as a data/system engineer combined with 5+ years of Functional Programming experience, preferably in Scala and python
- Distributed computing knowledge preferably on Spark as well as know-how of cloudera stack, impala, hive and hdfs
- Good command of SQL and ETL plus familiarity with Big Data, Machine Learning tools would be an advantage
- Background in Linux, Software Architecture Concepts, Continuous integration and delivery concepts, JIRA, Confluence and standards like HTTP, SSL, REST is beneficial
- Languages: English, fluent in written and spoken
- Re-engineering an SQL solution written in Scala into python based code and executing automatically SQL queries, with same results as current system provides
- Revising the solution architecture and the points of failure
- Recommending on E2E data flow, potential redesign within other existing E2E technologies stack (RedOwl, Pentaho, ETL)
- Testing End to End Solution as well as documenting the new solution
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Does this Spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV and a contact telephone number on which you are reachable during working hours.
Going the Extra Mile.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurances, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern, Basel and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we unfortunately can only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
New to Switzerland? In case of a successful placement, we support you with:
- All administrative questions
- Finding an apartment
- Health - and social insurance
- Work permit and much more
Thank you for your interest. By applying, you give us the permission to internally store and process your data for the application process. We strictly comply with the applicable data protection laws.