Automation Software Engineer (PLC Controls/SIMOTION)
Posted on Jul 18, 2021 by Helvetica Partners Sarl
We are currently looking on behalf of one of our important clients for an Automation Software Engineer (PLC Controls/SIMOTION). This role is permanent position based in Zürich Canton.
- Design complex PLC controls, drive systems & graphic user interfaces for Laser welding machines & systems.
- Independently process Software Development projects from the concept to the final phase.
- Further develop existing Software.
- Commission the control directly at customer sites or on the internal test bench.
- Cleanly document work.
- Create feasibility studies (retrofit) in the field of controls for Laser welding machines.
- Carry out project-oriented work in which problems & possible solutions are discussed & worked out together.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience as an Automation Software Engineer.
- At least 1 year of experience with SIMOTION is mandatory.
- A strong knowledge in the programming of PLC controls (Siemens, Siemens S7) & visualizations.
- Very good knowledge of drive technology & robotics.
- Any experience in CNC applications is considered very advantageous.
- Skilled in quickly finding your way around existing software.
- Experienced within the Machine Industry & in machine & system construction.
- Successfully completed training as a mechatronics engineer, automation engineer, electronics technician or similar.
- Completed corresponding university education as an engineer.
- Independent & goal-oriented with high levels of initiative & perseverance.
- Open to new ideas, reliable, disciplined & precise.
- Willingness to travel both within Switzerland & abroad (approximately 20-30%)
- A good command of English & German (spoken & written).
If you wish to apply, please send us your resume in Word format with some references.