Java Developer (f/m/d)
Posted on Jul 18, 2021 by Michael Bailey Associates - UK Contracts
Java Developer (m/f/d)/70% Remote/Contract/6 months
My client, one of the largest financial institutions in Switzerland and one of the biggest worldwide is currently seeking for a Java Developer (m/f/d) to work alongside their team of technology currently based in Zurich, Switzerland. Although the main part of the role is remote, the candidate is expected to visit the office in Zurich twice per week. The contract has a length of 6 months starting from 5th of August.
The ideal candidate should have excellent Java programming skills with emphasis on core Java technology; low latency trading system developing skills, with a certain understanding of concurrency and Java and system performance tuning, persistence and distribution.
- Developing tactical and strategic solutions to problems according to current system architecture
- Developing technical solutions to regulatory, cyber, security and tech debt obligations
- Providing estimates for tasks, including design, development and testing
- Analysing the situation and delivering rapid resolutions
- Understanding the impact of any change when defining solutions and building this into estimates
- Good understanding of KDB
- Full life cycle development of at least one large commercial system, focusing on significant development of high-frequency trading or pricing systems
- Experience of modern requirements for security, encryption, cyber threats and how to go about security systems to meet those requirements
- Experience in Python is a plus, but not necessary
If you feel like you are a good fit for this role and would like to know more about it, please contact me for a confidential conversation.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.