Platform Design Engineer
Posted on Jul 18, 2021 by SKILLFINDER INTERNATIONAL
Platform Design Engineer
Are you ready for a new challenge ?
Do you want to work for one of the most important Brokerage firms in Europe ?
We are recruiting now!
Remote work accepted and competitive rates.
If you have this skills, you are what we are looking for:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 3+ years of experience implementing cloud solutions, preferably AWS
- 5+ years of Linux System Administration or Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in complex Scripting or software development
- AWS Solutions Architect certification preferred
- Strong experience with DevOps tools and automation, including CI/CD pipelines, Docker, orchestration and configuration management (Ansible etc), git
As a member of Platform Engineering team, the Platform Design Engineer will help design and implement solutions based on on-premise and cloud services.
In this role, the person is expected to have strong knowledge cloud technologies, DevOps tools, understanding of block, file and object storage technologies and have a strong background in Linux OS. They have excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills. The person should have a passion for automation, cloud and learning new skills and technologies.
What will you do ?
- Strong engineering skills, with ability to work with end users to define requirements, create design documents and implement solutions with minimal oversight
- Drive consistent standardized solutions across IB for all hardware, software, configurations, and processes.
- Implement tools and processes for efficient and effective operational management of the environment -- change management, monitoring, alerting, etc
- Schedule and provide after-hours or weekend support when necessary, to perform high-risk or planned downtime of IB's data centre systems for upgrades and maintenance.
- Participate in defining and executing on a roadmap of projects that continues to raise the bar through implementing innovative technology, tools, automation, and processes.
- Interact with internal teams to provide solutions and resolve problems in a timely and proactive manner.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to individuals of various technical ability
This is an unique opportunity to join a well known company as well as having access to a well rewarded company package, including performance based bonus, company shares and more incentives!