Data and Systems Engineer - Python
Posted on Jul 18, 2021 by Experis AG
Data and Software Engineer - Python
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions.
Overview of contract
On behalf of our client, a leading financial institution in Zürich, we are looking for a Data and Software Engineer to fix production issues by redesigning, developing, testing and deploying an existing service component.
The role will provide a dedicated resource to apply their technical background to redesign a solution according to the current software development standards.
- Re-engineer an SQL solution written in Scala into python based code, executing automatically SQL queries, with same results as current system provides.
- Test End to End Solution.
- Revision of solution architecture and points of failure.
- Recommendation on E2E data flow, potential redesign within other existing E2E technologies stack (RedOwl, Pentaho, ETL).
- Document new solution.
- 8 - 10 years of experience in similar field - as data, system engineer
- 5 years of experience in Functional Programming, preferably in Scala and python
- Distributed computing knowledge preferably on Spark
- Cloudera stack, Spark, impala, hive, hdfs
- SQL, ETL
- Fluent in English
If you are interested in this opportunity, we look forward to receiving your CV or if you have any questions, contact Jane Leese.
We can only consider Swiss nationals or professionals possessing a valid EU passport for this engagement.