Data & Software Engineer - SQL - Spark - ETL - Jira - REST
Posted on Jul 18, 2021 by IT Di-Visions AG
For an international bank in Zurich we are seeking a highly motivated professional (m,w,d) to take up the following challenge:
Data & Software Engineer (Contract)
- Re-engineer an SQL solution written in Scala into python based code, executing automatically SQL queries, with same results as current system provides.
- Test End to End Solution.
- Revision of solution architecture and points of failure.
- Recommendation on E2E data flow, potential redesign within other existing E2E technologies stack (RedOwl, Pentaho, ETL).
- Document new solution.
- Insufficient system documentation, It will be a discovery and reengineering project.
- It's a sub-component of bigger, risk critical solution.
- Newly written SQL solution will need to bring exact same results while working on the same data sets as the old one.
- Communication skills needed to understand stakeholders requirements.
- 8 - 10 years of experience in similar field - as data, system engineer
- Distributed computing knowledge preferably on Spark
- Cloudera stack, Spark, impala, hive, hdfs
- SQL, ETL
- Functional Programming, preferably in Scala and python - +5 years of experience
- Demonstrate experience in Linux, Software Architecture Concepts, Continuous integration and delivery concepts, JIRA, Confluence and standards like HTTP, SSL, REST
- Experience with Big Data, Machine Learning tools
- English fluent
- Start: 1st of September 2021
- End: 31 st of December 2021
- Occupancy: 100%
- Rate: Depends on seniority
IT Di-Visions is a friendly and dynamic IT placement agency which has a real track record with companies within the financial, telecom, insurance and other interesting industries in Switzerland.
We place IT experts in contracting positions as well as in permanent employment contracts.
For further technical information, please contact Mr. Manuel Rau.
Please send your complete electronic application to
IT Di-Visions AG