IT Systems Executive Leader
Posted on Jul 17, 2021 by ESG Consulting
We are looking for an The individual will be heavily involved in a strategic assessment of the existing DHHS systems, creation of a technical roadmap and strategic planning for DHHS IS&T. The individual will need significant technical, leadership and organizational experience in managing entire portfolios of systems. Experience assessing compliance, security, audit, SPOF and other analysis of existing systems crossing a wide variety of platforms from Mainframe to web, in-house, and vendor hosted and SaaS, on premise and cloud are required. While public sector experience is beneficial, private sector experience is desired to bring an added perspective to the environment.
Bachelor's Degree in IT related field of study or equivalent.
- 15+ years experience leading Systems Management from an Application Development leadership perspective.
- 10+ years experience as a Director or Officer level managing technical systems.
- 5+ years experience in leading strategic assessment of the existing DHHS systems, creation of a technical roadmap and strategic planning.
- 5+ years experience in leading technical and process assessments for compliance, security, audit, SPOF and other analysis of existing systems
- Experience in assessing systems of various types and on various platforms including but not limited to Mainframe to web, in-house, and vendor hosted and SaaS, on premise and cloud are required.
- Experience assessing and documenting Technical Architectures.
- Experience preparing presentations for executive audiences at both a technical and business level.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and business terms.
- Ability to operate in an environment with high public visibility.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills and the ability to achieve consensus using judgment, tact and common sense.
- Superior leadership skills and the demonstrated ability to operate independently.
- Strong customer-service orientation and ability to develop strong working relationships with executive and functional sponsors.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to gather and provide information effectively to senior level audiences and to provide guidance and strategic recommendations.
- 5+ years experience in vendor management and negotiation, including an ability to foster strong relationships with and manage external parties.
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and have exceptional collaborative skills. Must be service oriented with strong interpersonal skills with all levels of business and technical staff.
- Strong organization, planning, problem solving, and decision making skills. Comfortable prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivated. Must be able to quickly learn and lead in a new environment.
Experience as an IT Director or Officer.
- Experience with Health and Human Services applications are plus but not required.
Estimated Duration08/01/2021 - 06/30/2024