Business Analyst - Data Strategy Experience Required
Posted on Jul 17, 2021 by Brookwood
London, United Kingdom
Business Analyst -Data Strategy Experience Required
Brookwood is seeking an experienced Business Analyst with data experience, for a financial client.
This role is currently remote. The client base is in London. The contract is around 6 months initially, with a view for further extension.
The day rate is around £600 Inside IR35
- Defining the business analysis approach for programmes and projects in alignment with the Business Analysis Framework, ensuring that BA output on the project is fit for purpose, represents value for money, is correctly sized and is delivered on time
End-to-end requirements management using BA best practice techniques to:
- elicit requirements through workshop facilitation
- document business requirements in a requirements catalogue
- seek agreement and ownership of requirements
- work with Product Groups, Solution Architects, technology suppliers, & impacted
- business areas to agree suitable solutions.
- Assure requirements are delivered correctly by playing a key role in UAT testing
- Assure requirements are delivered completely through complete requirements traceability
- Completing other Business Analysis deliverables as applicable to the project in order to model
- requirements or enhance understanding. Deliverables will be documented comprehensively, clearly & in line with recognized best practice BA tools and techniques. For example:
- Gap analysis
- Business processes
- Data flow diagrams
- Options papers
- Business Activity Models
- Rich pictures
- Use cases
- User stories
- User journeys
- Data models
- Training guides
- Investment cases
- Vast knowledge of business analysis tools, techniques and best practice approaches, including end-to-end requirements management.
- Shows pragmatism in being able to select and adapt the right approach for the right situation.
- Can quickly develop domain knowledge in order to effectively and credibly engage with stakeholders on the problem statement.
- Delivers quality outputs at pace in both structured, and fluid/challenging project environments.
- Assures the delivery of business requirements to ensure that the solution is fit for purpose.
- Experience of project life cycles delivered within a range of project delivery methodologies including Waterfall & Agile.
- Effective stakeholder management skills. Builds strong engagement with SMEs, and establishes good relationships with business sponsors, project stakeholders, and supplier delivery teams.
- Accomplished problem-solver who constructively challenges the status quo, keeps an open mind, and can develop innovative solutions.
- Skilled at leveraging excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate effectively with stakeholders and ensure requirements are clear and unambiguous to all.
- Attained BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis or working towards completing it.
- Business acumen in either financial services or financial regulation
- Experience in Business Architecture and wider business design functions.
- Experience of Business Change
- Experience of Testing